Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  It's supposed to go up to the mid 70s today!  Woot!  And our basement is finally finished being repair (except for some of the carpet but that won't happen for another week or so)

I woke up at 4 with a migraine and have been up ever since, but a couple of cups of coffee seems to have done the trick.

To do:

Mass

tidy up

take ds to class and back again

nap!!!!

dd to voice lesson?  She woke up yesterday with a sore throat.  So I don't know about that.

Prep for Latin study session tomorrow

Walk somewhere

Dinner - spaghetti

dd to rehearsal?

Go to new scripture study tonight

• Like 7

Good morning!  Another beautiful day in FL - we are going to hit 90 but there is no humidity.  Absolutely gorgeous.  DH has a phone interview for a new job, my cleaning people cancelled today, my youngest has co-op and I'm going to just drop him off and come home and enjoy the sun and a few hours of solitude.

-coffee

-DS16 off to school

-take DS13 to co-op

-go to library to pick up books for DS13's paper

-enjoy this beautiful day

-work out (30 minutes HiiT cardio, 30 minutes "push" upper body workout)

-laundrdy DONE:  0

-have DH pick up DS from co-op

-make sure DS13 is working on his WTMA writing assignment

-dinner (something involving chicken and/or shrimp)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Everything is covered in a layer of ice here this morning. The padlock on our horse gate was frozen shut and I was too lazy to run back to the house for the torch we use to thaw it, so I decided to just chuck the hay over the gate and then climb over. Probably not the best decision because the gate was icy and I'm a klutz, but managed to climb over and back several times unscathed. :tongue_smilie:

•take turns with the kids keeping an eye on Buttercup so she doesn't scratch her incision

•school

•office work (bills, order stamps)

•dust and vacuum upstairs

•several loads laundry (2 done already)

•order a hoodie for dd

•work on menu planning

•dd violin lesson

•dinner: Greek Horiatiki salad with Za'atar naan and toasted chickpeas

•watch hockey tonight

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Happy Wednesday!

• Got the kids up & off to school, with band instruments, dinner money, and evening sport gear.  They had to run to catch the bus, but that was their fault.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Cleaned up the kitchen.
  • Put away some laundry.
  • Coffeeing up and checking social media.

To do:

• Lots of work as always.
  • Scout newsletter.
  • Finalize Friday plans for kids.
  • A little exercise, reading, housework.
  • Pay bills.
  • Prepare for tomorrow's scout lesson - do a sample of the art project.
  • Kids' work.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 6

Lots of little things about the house and desk today.

Yesterday, we *finally* made it to Goodwill. So, while we were in the car, I told dd that I'd cleared out lots of old books -- Magic Schoolbus, Magic Treehouse, Junie B. Jones....

Dd: Oooh, she's so cute!

Me: Would you like to read them again before we give them away?

Dd: Yes, and I might like to save them for my children, if I have any.

Enabler (me) and clone. Junie is back in our house, about 24 books worth.

Last week, when I decluttered, I threw away a lot of slightly bent poster board. Now I need a bit of old poster board to tape to wall in order to help with framed picture placement. Ugh, I am so completely incompetent with decluttering!

Warm weather here, 60's, feel bad for those who are ice covered.

Dinner -- fish, healthy, whatever looks best at the market.

Edited by Alessandra
  • Like 4

Good morning! Dh did the morning practice, so I got a little extra sleep. It was nice, because I ended the day stressed and upset. The insurance stuff is dragging out, there is more damage to my car than originally estimated and it is going to be ANOTHER two weeks at least (putting me at a month with a rental that may or may not be paid for). Also college stuff that I still have to figure out. I do not do well with extended conflict-unlike dh who is completely chill about everything. Reason 132 why I am not a lawyer.

And we find out today if dd1 needs surgery on her knee. Unbeknownst to us, but completely known to her coaches and trainers, dd1 has been injured since the beginning of January. Not super thrilled with any of them. She had a MRI yesterday and will talk to the doctor today.

And it is freezing out-single digits. 

To do:

Make three annoying phone calls

have some more coffee

school with ds3

school with ds2 (also start looking at scholarship essay)

daily chores

laundry

pick up dd2 and work with her

grocery store

surely more annoying things later

pick up dd2/club practice/aikido

dinner-ds3 is making

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning.  Let me just say that early morning gardening in a fuzzy robe over a t-shirt but no pants, with frost on the ground is very. . .  invigorating.  (This is done while Juliet is pottying.  Or while waiting for her to potty so that we don't go back inside to have her immediately squat on the carpet.) 

Human care is done.  Despite a small puppy who is sure that when that shower curtain is drawn, I've gone forever never to appear again. . .

Pet care is done. 

Medical care is done.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

Yesterday, we *finally* made it to Goodwill. So, while we were in the car, I told dd that I'd cleared out lots of old books -- Magic Schoolbus, Magic Treehouse, Junie B. Jones....

Dd: Oooh, she's so cute!

Me: Would you like to read them again before we give them away?

Dd: Yes, and I might like to save them for my children, if I have any.

Enabler (me) and clone. Junie is back in our house, about 24 books worth.

LOL at the enabler and clone! :laugh:

I'm a pretty ruthless declutterer, but I couldn't bear to part with our favorite children's books. There's a big storage bin of them down in the basement. So many happy memories!

• Like 4

Good afternoon.

The school stuff will be copy and pasted through out the week.

- coffee.... lots of coffee

- get dd2 up and dressed- done

- take dd2 to school- done

- fill up car- done

- history discussion and 2 replies- initial post done and 1 reply

- read history chapter 7

- history notes and ch. review questions

- history quiz

- history videos (he posted clips of the HBO John Adams series, I recorded the entire series over the weekend so I will just watch what I recorded)- 1 episode watched

- read primary documents and journal thoughts about those- 2/13 done (I’m a week behind on this)

- start history issue paper due 3/4, turn into online writing lab for 10 extra credit points

- read/notes/chapter reviews for chapters 5-9 in microbiology- read ch. 5

- read over staining procedures microbiology labs for quiz- done and 15/15

- unit 3 and 4 questions for microbiology that are online and assigned as homework- unit 3 is done

- unit 3 and 4 study modules (if we complete these we get 20 points head start on exams)

- lab exercises 13, 18-25, and 32-35 (labs 23-25 and 32-35 are just annwering questions not based on results as we have not completed the labs yet)- 18-22 are done, waiting on feedback on how to record the results since we didn’t do the experiments as directed by lab manual. 13 is done, did (results recorded and questions). The questions done for 23-25 and 32-35. Crap there are a few more I have to do that we did in lab tonight

- tidy living room- round 1 done

- tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- dishes- dirties in dishwasher but not enough to run it yet

- fold/put away laundry- done

- laundry- done

- girls off bus- done

- help dd1 with any homework- just practice spelling words

- pack book bag (dh is using the backpack I normally use for Chicago)- done

- dinner- in crockpot

- take girls to dh and pick up classmate- done

- school- done

- baths/showers- done

- pack dh’s things for his trip to Chicago- just about done, only a few last minute things

- bedtime routine- girls are sleeping and that’s where I’m going

- anything else I get done- ugh

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 6

And we find out today if dd1 needs surgery on her knee. Unbeknownst to us, but completely known to her coaches and trainers, dd1 has been injured since the beginning of January. Not super thrilled with any of them. She had a MRI yesterday and will talk to the doctor today.

Oh Jen, that stinks.  I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery (or better yet, nothing wrong with her knee in the first place).

• Like 2

Heard from dd1: nothing looks torn, so a script for a heavy duty anti-inflammatory and rest for two weeks and they will see. Her season is done now (she swam very, very well, so as she said-"now no one will comment on doctor ordered rest" Division 1 at its finest.

So at least no surgery and she will get an extra week of rest when she comes home for break.

• Like 3

I'm not getting quite enough sleep at night because of Juliet.  (And I'm dreading the time change.)  So I feel tired and fuzzy headed.

did a quick grocery store run.  Got frozen gf pizza for tonight's supper.

Kitchen - handwashing and wipe down counters

laundry - folded and put away another load of laundry

paperwork - worked on med. bills

• Like 2