Menu

The What's School?? Teachers Lounge 2-20-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all, and welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from the fact that my dh took off Friday and Today, with no definite plan, so that's thrown our schedule and schooling off. Plus dd was sick Friday and yesterday so that threw us off school schedule. Today is a hike with dh, just the two of us, which is fine, but again, school? 

What are you all up to today? Here: waking up (some of us - ds13 is still sleeping. And hiccuping in his sleep, evidently.), played a few online games today, now posting the Lounge, and then will get ready for hike. THEN I have to figure out when to cook dinner that will take 5 hours to cook!

What else is happening this week? Here: I'm meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow morning, then tomorrow night I have a writers group meeting. Thursday morning I have early morning training, Friday not sure yet, then Sat I'm going to tour Jake Mace's edible garden for the THIRD time (look him up on YouTube), and Sunday is church and a Mission Board meeting! Whew! Might need to take NEXT Monday off myself!

Any permanent changes in your regular routine? Here: kids have decided that they want to go from two days of taekwondo to one, then use that second day for a different type of exercise. 

SIDE NOTE: to those of you who pray to God, please keep my stepdad Lloyd in your prayers. Today is my Mom's birthday. It's only been a little over a month since she was called Home to Heaven. I'm sure it won't be an easy day for him. Thanks for your prayers!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Here. Things are back to normal today. Yesterday the town was largely shut down by cyclone Gita. Turned out it mostly missed us but ds10 enjoyed the day off school. Ds8 is going to start basketball and try out a one day a week extension class this week. I am going to try and get through the day on 3 hours sleep because I worked until 3 am.

Things were pretty normal today but the busiest our Tuesdays get.  I taught a science class this morning, going to my new STEM coordinator job at 5pm, then going right from there to 4-H at 7pm.   One session of Reptiles with a special visit by my pet snake, a session of robotics and internet safety, then green screen technology at 4-H.  Looooong day for me but the kids only participate in 4-H of those three, so they were able to do their normal school day.

Doesn't help that I'm exhausted because I barely slept last night. 

I'm still figuring out our "permanent" schedule.  In theory the kids go to TKD on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do WiiFit on Tuesday and Thursday.  They haven't done WiiFit since the holidays.   I want to do Kick-boxing Tuesday and Thursdays, but every other Tuesday I have at least the STEM job which falls right during KB'ing.  I could go in the morning except I have classes that start 30 minutes after and that doesn't leave me time to shower and set up for class.  I'm hoping the schedule works out better when my next session starts in 3 weeks. I'm not offering a Wednesday class until 11:30,which is still close but should be possible.  Especially because that first class shouldn't require a lot of set-up.

Hugs to you scrap and your family. Tough times. I'll be praying.

School was a very slow and cranky start today. It was a holiday here yesterday, and we've been watching lots of late-night olympics, so we all slept in and woke up cranky. We did manage to get back on track and get some stuff accomplished. 

My dd is taking a Suzuki violin teacher training course this week, so I'm doing a lot of extra driving on top of the regular taxi service. ;) She is really enjoying the course, so it's worth it. 

We have had winter rain yesterday, all day today, and tomorrow. It's cold, wet and sad to see the snow disappear when I really want to ski. 

• Like 1

Praying for Lloyd now. And for you! ((Scrap))

Spent the day at dd's tutorial, made dinner, tified up and am going to spend the evening relaxing and reading.

Just a regular week here. No schedule changes.

Just February. Blah! Though today was mostly sunny and 75. Spectacular for TN in February! I was delighted to spend several hours outside being the parent supervisor while teens played during study halls.