Menu

Is there any possible way to cook a small frozen pizza on a stovetop? :)

J-rap

Do you have a very large skillet with a lid? It seems like it might be worth trying. Did you Google for suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I do have a skillet large enough, with a lid.  It's not cast iron, but it's worth a shot.  I tried googling a bit but wasn't having much luck!

Toaster oven? I've rather desperately cut up a large frozen pizza with scissors and cooked it in a toaster oven.

Unfortunately no toaster oven.  We're actually at a vacation rental, and I knew the unit didn't have a working oven, but had a momentary lapse when I went to the grocery store!

Is the entire oven broken or just the baking element? When the bottom element went out on ours, we got by with the broiler for a long time, including making frozen pizzas.

I believe the whole oven is shot.  It looks ancient!  (We're at a vacation rental.)

Let it thaw first if possible- at least partly. Then like others mentioned, use a skillet and lid. Heat to medium, and put pizza in the pan. Cover, and keep an eye on it. Dd did this quite a bit at college.

Two things: watch the bottom because if your heat is too high the crust will burn. Also, you can cut the pizza if the skillet is too small. Dd sometimes had to cut it into fourths. It’s a bit messy when cooking it already cut but she used a nonstick skillet and just wiped it out before the next piece was put in.

The trick is getting the toppings hot enough but not burning the crust. Hope it works out for you but what a bummer to rent a place with a broken oven!

• Like 1

Let it thaw first if possible- at least partly. Then like others mentioned, use a skillet and lid. Heat to medium, and put pizza in the pan. Cover, and keep an eye on it. Dd did this quite a bit at college.

Two things: watch the bottom because if your heat is too high the crust will burn. Also, you can cut the pizza if the skillet is too small. Dd sometimes had to cut it into fourths. It’s a bit messy when cooking it already cut but she used a nonstick skillet and just wiped it out before the next piece was put in.

The trick is getting the toppings hot enough but not burning the crust. Hope it works out for you but what a bummer to rent a place with a broken oven!

Perfect!  That's exactly what I'll do.  Yeah, we knew ahead of time that the unit didn't have a working oven and for the most part we don't need it.  I do most of my cooking on the stove top and we spend most of our time outside.

I reheat pizza in a skillet all the time. The trick, which may also help with your situation, is to put the cold pizza in top down. Then flip it when the toppings heat up. This lets the top get hot and the crust get crisp. The toppings don’t really fall off like you would expect.

• Like 2

I reheat pizza in a skillet all the time. The trick, which may also help with your situation, is to put the cold pizza in top down. Then flip it when the toppings heat up. This lets the top get hot and the crust get crisp. The toppings don’t really fall off like you would expect.

I'm getting so many good ideas!  I would never have thought of this.  Do you put a little oil in the pan?

That sounds like a great idea! Definitely going to try this the next time we have leftover pizza.