Menu

Food poisoning with kidney pain?

Miss Peregrine

Yeah, with the fever I'd be seeing my doctor.  The only reason I wouldn't go to the ER is we had 3 visits last year and I know what walking in the door costs us out of pocket.

We had two of those in 2017. So crazy.

We will do urgent care if we go.

Bad day for this, of course. I have to go pick up dd first and we got snow today. Roads are bad and our 4x has a failing transmission. 

I've had what I might describe as kidney pain with mild food poisoning, so maybe. I think it's just that it can make you dehydrated and out of whack in general.

Could be so many things though. Glad he's headed to get help.

Yeah, he isn't keeping water down so that's probably it.

I'm so "wait and see" so I know where he gets it.

• Like 1

Fever, throwing up, kidney pain, muscle aches? 

Does that sound like it could be food poisoning?

I had most of these symptoms right before I was hospitalized with a kidney infection.  I was misdiagnosed because I didn't have kidney pain.  I thought I had a UTI and unrelated muscle pain.  Fever and vomiting hit later.  When I could no longer control the chills I went in to the emergency room.  Go in.  Don't wait.

• Like 1

I had most of these symptoms right before I was hospitalized with a kidney infection.  I was misdiagnosed because I didn't have kidney pain.  I thought I had a UTI and unrelated muscle pain.  Fever and vomiting hit later.  When I could no longer control the chills I went in to the emergency room.  Go in.  Don't wait.

His dad took him. I built him a fire and he was shivering in front of it. His fever wasn't very high(100.something) 

Another vote for possible kidney infection, so I'm glad he's going in. My first one came with zero UTI symptoms, I thought it was a virus. I went from work to urgent care to the ER. My fever didn't spike until I was in the hospital. Two days in ICU, two more days in regular hospital. Definitely nothing to mess around with. 

Food poisoning is usually stomach cramps in particular, not muscle aches. 

Keep us posted. They will know very fast if it's UTI or kidney infection. 

His dad took him. I built him a fire and he was shivering in front of it. His fever wasn't very high(100.something) 

Oh man. I actually resorted to hot baths and still couldn't get warm and stop shaking.  If it is a kidney infection, they will give him some great drugs in the ER.  They'll be so great he'll think he's coming home.  He'll get mad when this happens because he "feels so much better."  That's the narcotics talking.  

It sounds like what I went through, but I could be anything.  I hope they fix him real real soon.

If it is a kidney infection, they will give him some great drugs in the ER.  They'll be so great he'll think he's coming home.  He'll get mad when this happens because he "feels so much better."  That's the narcotics talking.  

They don't give me those drugs with a kidney infection! They have a heck of a time just keeping me from endlessly puking. I feel cheated. 

They don't give me those drugs with a kidney infection! They have a heck of a time just keeping me from endlessly puking. I feel cheated. 

This only happened once in my life, but part of the great drug cocktail was the anti-puking drugs too.  So one IV took care of dehydration, fever, chills, and vomiting in less than an hour.  I was shocked they didn't send me home because I felt like I'd been cured and just needed to go to bed.

They got through urgent care fast. Dr. said food poisoning and dehydration. Gave him something sublingual for vomiting. I don't know what that would be. Of course, I will watch him closely.

Did they do a blood test and check urine? If not I would.watcg super careful as sepsis is very serious.

• Like 1