Menu

Certified homescholing

Hi, my daughter absolutely hates going to school and so we decided homeschooling would be the great option for her. She sounds like she would do well in homeschooling. We just want to give her the space to grow academically. We are looking for a very good certified site so that it will be helpful for her in her studies. Any help would be appreciated!

It doesn't sound like you are familiar with homeschooling. Many homeschoolers like me are their kids' teachers. There is no website. There is no school. There is no one telling or advising what to do at home. There are hundreds of curriculum providers where people order textbooks, course materials, etc for their children to use.

Others do enroll in online programs that are pretty much like school except done at home. Connections Academy would meet that descriptor. https://www.connectionsacademy.com Oak Meadow can be used that way. https://oakmeadow.com Laurel Springs is another https://oakmeadow.com Those are just 3 out of countless numbers. There are Catholic focused providers, Protestant, etc.

• Like 6

I would suggest finding out what your state laws say about homeschooling. You can use Google "your state" and "homeschooling" for more information. Next, I would go to some local resources (facebook search, library, etc.) to talk to people in your immediate area for insight into local homeschooling. If you are from another country it is even more important to determine what your jurisdiction requires. 

Homeschooling is school done at home, generally, so individual parents decide what curricula they will be using and teach their child on their own terms, according to their jurisdiction's requirements. Some are required to file attendance laws, others are required to test while others really don't have to show much to their state/county.  

After you know what you can do per your area, start reading through these boards -- there are thousands if not tens of thousands of messages, over many years, that can provide you additional insight and  information on homeschooling. 

Keep reading and researching. 

Well, it really depends on what type of help are you looking for. There are tons of places where you can find video courses, you may also find videos on youtube. 

Which area do you live? Let me know which grade is your daughter studying now?

You may check out for Lernsys Homeschooling Academic Video Courses. Currently, we are using this you may also try.

I really think the OP and Intellectual are the same person, and this is an elaborate ploy to plug their homeschooling curriculum. They didn't cover their tracks very well. ;)

At least they put some effort into it. Better than the incoherent bots.

Hey, Mergath! I think you misspelled "pathetic."

"Homesholing." "Currently, we are using this you may also try." Oy vey. :001_rolleyes:

• Like 2