Menu

Can anyone help with this phone/email issue?

Mrs. A

My phone won't let me access my email. It either tells me my username/password are incorrect, or that it can't reach the server. Same thing on my kindle fire. I can access email from my pc and I know the password is correct. I've tried deleting the accoubt and setting it up again, manually entering the settings (tried both Pop3 and Imap) and still nothing. I'm at a total loss.

I can't seem to find anything helpful by googling. Does anyone know anything about this?

What a relief - I am having the same issues.  I did my "go to" for solving any technical problem:  turn the device off, breathe deeply, cross my fingers, then turn it back on again.  It didn't work this time!  Glad to know the problem is not with my phone directly!

Myra

OP  This is 2018. One should not be using POP3 for email. Using   IMAP is suggested by the largest providers and knowledgeable users, for many reasons.

If you could share with us who your Email provider is (Gmail, Hotmail, Your local iSP, etc.) that would be helpful.

Also, what kind of Hardware are your mobile devices?

Is your PC connected via Ehternet (cable) to the Router in your house?

The mobile devices are, obviously, on WiFi.

In that situation since you can access your email on your PC, I would continue to do that.

Using your phone and Tablet, can you access other domains without issue, or, do you get the message about not being able to contact the server?

NOTE: Occasionally there are problem with Authentication of ones User Name and Password and if that's what you are getting, hopefully they will resolve that issue, if they are aware of it. I get that occasionally, on web sites that  I visit, including (probably) WTM.

ETA: Is your phone using Data? If so, the celular provider is specifying the DNS Servers used.

Sometimes failures of DNS will cause the inability to connect to the Server.  Best to use a free service like OpenDNS.com whenever possible to avoid that.    https://www.opendns.com/

ETA #2:  Spelling correction.  I should have typed Ethernet, not what I typed...  That uses a CAT 5 cable to connect a device (in this case a PC) to a Router or Switch or something.

Edited by Lanny