Menu

First language lessons

Yes, I'd say you do.  In some cases, the lessons are almost completely in the instructor's manual, and in others, there are short stories and other things for the student to read to herself contained entirely in the workbook.

Perhaps you could get the digital format for the instructors' manual?  

And I think there are samples you might look at here:  http://www.rainbowresource.com/viewpict.php?pid=040704 and here: https://smile.amazon.com/First-Language-Lessons-Well-Trained-Mind/dp/193333908X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518805599&sr=8-1&keywords=first+language+lessons+3 

Thank you.She liked FLL 2 because She just had to repeat and there was no writing.We used to do it daily.She is doing Reading Detective or some other comprehension and Spelling (that I give her from a printout I took it from online) daily .Apart from this She does Math (Singapore Math or Beast academy).So ,that’s why wanted to know if we can manage with Instructor’s Manual and skip the workbook.

I’ll probably do one day Reading Comprehension and next day FLL.I’ll check the links.Thank you.

Ok, yes! I don't think it felt like a whole lot of writing to us; it was still more verbal, with some choosing from lists, circling things, etc. I think we took the first few steps into diagramming. In your shoes, after school, I might do a little scribing for the kid.

• 4 months later...

Yes, even if you plan to do most of the work orally or scribe for the student, you need the workbook. I tried to do it without the workbook and it was just too difficult.

There are a lot of exercises that ask the student to look at a list of words and pick the answers, but the answers are circled in that same list in the instructor's book. Or where the needed text for the lesson isn't written again in the instructor's book (it might be a few lessons back) but it is listed again in the student workbook.

• Like 1