Menu

Help me decide on an online writing class

ByGrace3

I am considering EW2 at WTMA or FOEW at WH...

This is for dd who will be in 8th (13)

She took EW1 in 6th and while I liked WWS, it went a great exerted efforts due to the teacher...I'm willing to try again though because I think WWS was good fit.

I don't know anything about the curriculum used in FOEW.

What I don't want -- purely peer feedback/ workshop model

What I do want-- teacher feedback, revisions, teacher input

I am leaning toward putting Ds (6th grade next year) in EW1.

Which would be a better fit for us? Why one over the other? Teacher suggestions?

Edited by ByGrace3

:bigear: I am very close to eliminating EW2 for DS next year, unless a particular teacher suddenly takes a session.  I would check the WTMA page, there have been changes to the writing classes.  Our experience this year was verdifferent than previous years.

Edited by melmichigan

Anyone else? Would love some more input and direction...such an expensive decision...

My other option would be to teach Ds and dd together (not sure what we would use...LToW?) and use one of the online programs that edit/help revise and grade....they have those right? :lol: dd just needs feedback from someone other than me... Ds is fine with me helping him.

Anyone else? Would love some more input and direction...such an expensive decision...

My other option would be to teach Ds and dd together (not sure what we would use...LToW?) and use one of the online programs that edit/help revise and grade....they have those right? :lol: dd just needs feedback from someone other than me... Ds is fine with me helping him.

WTMA has a very good drop policy.

Emily