Menu

How to show National Latin Exam scores on transcript?

My dd took the NLE her sophomore and junior years and will take it next month. She did well the first two years, and I'd like to use her scores in some way on her transcript to give support to the in her homeschool Latin courses. I did a bit of searching on the forum, but can't find what I'm looking for.

Tips for how you've done it?

Erica in OR

I had a column of boxes along the right-hand side of the transcript: Honors & Awards (NGE/NLE awards + All-Academic & All-American in his sport), Test Scores, Key to Course Providers (Lukeion, co-op, ASU), Key to Grading (grade scale and weighting info), and a box that included a blurb about being a homeschool program "legally operated in accordance with state statutes blah blah blah" which was right above my signature.

• Like 3

The Common App has a section to list award/honors type information.  This would be a national honor/award.  On other online apps, it may be included with their activities, and definitely include it on a separate resume if that is required from any of the colleges you may apply to.  In short - it won't be listed on the transcript.  But it should be included in the appropriate section of the other application documents.

Thanks for the tips!

Right now I'm putting materials together for an online portal where you apply for multiple Oregon-based scholarships with a single application. I upload a transcript and then list her activities on a separate online form using their categories (activities, volunteering, and paid work). It only allows a certain number of items total in the categories, so I'll see how it all balances out.

Erica in OR

My dd took the NLE her sophomore and junior years and will take it next month. She did well the first two years, and I'd like to use her scores in some way on her transcript to give support to the in her homeschool Latin courses. I did a bit of searching on the forum, but can't find what I'm looking for.

Tips for how you've done it?

Erica in OR

I didn't list the NLE on the transcript, but I did put the scores as the last line of the course description for each year's course.

This is what the transcript looks like that I designed for DS, with most of the info stripped out (I left a few courses in to show how I indicated Honors, DE, and outside providers). You can see the column on the right with Honors, GPA & Test Scores, Grading Scale, etc.

SaveSave

That is very nice looking.  What did you use to design it?

Would putting Greek or Latin awards received in middle school on a high school transcript be acceptable? No mention of which grade level in which award was received to avoid cluttering the page. It would just be odd to list, let's say, Honors Greek 4 as the starting point, perhaps?

Sorry Erica, I saw Corraleno here with her lovely transcript and had to ask. It looks like perhaps Corraleno's DS took Greek in 8th grade and DD may be in a similar situation.

• Like 1

Would putting Greek or Latin awards received in middle school on a high school transcript be acceptable? No mention of which grade level in which award was received to avoid cluttering the page. It would just be odd to list, let's say, Honors Greek 4 as the starting point, perhaps?

Sorry Erica, I saw Corraleno here with her lovely transcript and had to ask. It looks like perhaps Corraleno's DS took Greek in 8th grade and DD may be in a similar situation.

I listed high school level Foreign Languages and math algebra and above that was completed before ninth grade on our transcripts.

There are a lot of threads discussing this. There are a couple different approaches to counting credits and using it in gpa. I don't think there is a single right way, but I think you need to be clear what you did.

• Like 2

I listed Greek 1 & Latin 1 in the column labeled "MS" (for Middle School), and I listed awards by their "title" (Latin 1, Greek 4, etc.), not by grade level (although obviously they could look at the course list and see when each exam would have been done).

• Like 1

I listed Greek 1 & Latin 1 in the column labeled "MS" (for Middle School), and I listed awards by their "title" (Latin 1, Greek 4, etc.), not by grade level (although obviously they could look at the course list and see when each exam would have been done).

Oh, right, I see it now, didn't notice the MS column, just admiring the look of this transcript so much! And now that I have a Mac....I haven't really been using Mac to its full potential.