Menu

Accountability Thread 2/11-2/17

Late getting this up today. I've been out of town most of the weekend. Today's schedule was pretty much get up before dawn, drive, don't fall asleep in the meeting, don't fall asleep on the way home, and now I've reached home and nap time. We have off tomorrow and the rest of the week. I'm supposed to think about summer term. The boys want to go to the library. Dentist during the upcoming week, too.

But now--nap. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Good morning! Today's schedule

I think we're going to spend some time working at the library, with as many cold and gray days as we've had I'm just tired of being home, I need a different view, lol. I think we'll be able to get

Devotional

Math

Latin/spelling

Math, history, science and literature for the older boy and I think I'll work on our summer schedule.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 1

Good Morning,

Calendar/weather

Dr.Binocs science videos/"How do Birds find their way" book.

Alphablocks-phonics supplement

Young child's book about our state

Have her read to us

Do a math lesson

Finish her Valentine day cards and pass them out today and tomorrow.

Day suppose to be warmer, maybe go to the park

• Like 2

Good morning. Today's schedule

I honestly don't know, I'm not sleeping well again and am exhausted and I have miles to go before I sleep. I know this is probably wrong but I'm thanking God that there's no church tonight and that soccer will probably be cancelled due to rain, I planned for us to dine out tonight so no cooking for me. The boys are finally up so, I'll post later what actually got done.

• Like 2

She finished up her valentine's this morning. Wrote her name.

Playgroup at the library

Deliver her valentine's to family and friends.

Audiobooks

Play outside if weather permits.

Phonics, her read, math lesson and read alouds.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 1

Yesterday not all things got done.

Practiced writing her name, read alouds, audiobooks and crafts. Watched Popular Mechanics for kids about sea creatures.

Today, Dad is back at work and I plan on her doing phonics and math lessons and practice writing, read alouds and audiobooks and whatever else she will do.

• Like 2

Good morning. Got through almost everything yesterday and got a little more done that wasn't strictly on the schedule.

Today:

Chores

Writing

Writing

Writing

Query letters (Done)

Housekeeping

Art

Reading

Summer School Planning preliminary--that means I'll go through what I have and see what I can cobble together so I don't have to buy much. :D

• Like 1

Good morning. Today's schedule

Waiting for DH to get out the door before officially beginning our day

Devotional and co-op classes, I'm hoping to squeeze some Khan in there and some Latin

Critter-thanks for the reminder to begin looking at stuff for summer term.

Ps. I had to endure soccer practice last night, actually it wasn't to bad, not as cold as its normally been.

• Like 1

Today: started filling out forms to register DD for school next year. We found a charter school that does half days, so she will get the not-mom student experience with all the responsibility of having to get all her work done for the next day, every day.  :laugh: Seriously, though, I think this will be a good thing if we can get her enrolled as an 8th grader. They study personal finance and either public speaking or a foreign language, and she will be doing a LOT more writing than she has previously. My only hangup right now is she was awarded a spot as a 9th grader, and there is no way, by August, she can be successful as a high schooler at this particular school. I have to wait until after they do testing to see if they even have and 8th grade opening. (She really needs "another trip around the sun", as it's termed in Rethinking School before she's mature enough for a full high school load.)

Tomorrow: pick up immunization records and make sure I have filled out everything correctly, and drop off the paperwork early next week.

• Like 2

No immunization records. The doctor's office doesn't have them. The previous doctor's office might have them, maybe, even though they were supposedly sent over when they changed their practice *6* years ago and stopped doing general pediatrics, but it's not likely. So unless I can find my old partial records, DD will be getting a whole lot of shots in the near future. Or, if that scares her enough, I'll have to plan for 8th grade at home.  :scared:

• Like 1

Good Morning,

Today-reviewed phonograms (a,ai,ay,au and aw), read from state history, science show (sea creatures and the ocean), word families(ap & ab), read to Mom and math lesson. Read alouds and painting.

Legos (little kits where she puts together and follow directions).

Devotions from Jellytelly

• Like 1