Menu

Road Scholar

Does anyone have any experience with this program?  I stumbled upon their website, and it sounds interesting.

From the website:

Not-for-profit Road Scholar is the world’s largest and most innovative creator of experiential learning opportunities. We have guided generations of lifelong learners on transformative learning adventures from San Francisco to Siberia, and nearly everywhere in between.

We are a diverse community of knowledge seekers and explorers, united in the belief that lifelong learning is a vital part of overall wellbeing. We believe in living life to the fullest at every age — by experiencing the world, and not just looking at it. By meeting new people, touching history where it happened and delving deep into the cultures and landscapes we explore.

https://www.roadscholar.org/

My cousin teaches the natural history and outdoor recreation part of their regular adult trip and their grandparent/grandkid trip when they come to Cumberland Falls State Park in Kentucky. He's super great so I am sure the whole trip is too! The other teachers at that park focus on Appalachian history and music for the guests.

My aunt has gone on a number of their trips and loved every one of them. All of them seem very focused on learning and enrichment.

Road Scholar used to be called Elderhostel. You might remember it by that name.

• Like 1

My in-laws took my oldest on a trip a couple of years ago and they had such a good time.  The trip was designed for grandparents and grandchildren to go together.  They got to experience some really cool things related to marine science.  They are taking my 10 year old on a trip to the Rocky Mountains this summer, which includes hiking, some mild white water rafting, horseback riding and a hot air balloon ride!  (I'm a little jealous! lol)  I love that my kids will have this wonderful experience with their grandparents that they'll never forget.

My in-laws took my oldest on a trip a couple of years ago and they had such a good time. The trip was designed for grandparents and grandchildren to go together. They got to experience some really cool things related to marine science. They are taking my 10 year old on a trip to the Rocky Mountains this summer, which includes hiking, some mild white water rafting, horseback riding and a hot air balloon ride! (I'm a little jealous! lol) I love that my kids will have this wonderful experience with their grandparents that they'll never forget.

This sounds amazing! I'm thinking my mom would love these experiences. She wants to travel, but my dad has no desire. I like that she could go with my kids.

• Like 1