What's with the ads?

#1 serendipitous journey

serendipitous journey

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2738 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

... is up and running on the K-8 board here.  whoo-hoo!

• hollyhock likes this

#2 SilverMoon

SilverMoon

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8793 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

I *almost* posted in the 8th grade thread. It went something like, "I have one of those! What IS she doing next year anyway? ... Oh. Wait. She's 8th grade NOW." Derr....
  • Meriwether, peaceful isle and serendipitous journey like this

#3 Momto4inSoCal

Momto4inSoCal

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:45 AM

I think I have it down..... mostly....

Hake grammar

WWS 2 

AoPS Algebra

Great Courses Joy of Science

Roman Roads Media Greeks

Art of Argument

Robotics Class

I'm still not sure about literature.... 

#4 longwayhome

longwayhome

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Posted this in other thread also...

We are moving this summer, so I have no idea what may be available to us for extra curricular or physical activities. That helps me just focus on the academics right now.

R&S English 7
CLE Math 700 & possibly parts of 800
IEW SWICC B
Finish Apples & Pears Spelling
SL H - history part only
SL Science F
Fallacy Detective
MP First Form Latin
MP Lit Guides for The Hobbit, Anne of Green Gables & The Bronze Bow
MP Geography II
MP Christian Studies IV
Some kind of typing program
Read alouds with the family

Not sure about art, music, and some kind of personal devotion resource. We've been moving so often that learning an instrument has fallen by the wayside. Hoping this year that changes!

#5 Murrayshire

Murrayshire

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1976 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

I don't know why I'm overthinking 7th grade!! My last 7th grader.  :sad:  Makes me a bit sad. 

I have TONS of ideas... just starting to narrow things down and trying to get ds's opinion. 

I'm hoping to either teach a book club/themed poetry teatime and/or science class for middle schoolers. 

This may change a billion times before summer!

Math:  Keep on with CLE, finish 600, then start 700 or Mr. D Pre-Algebra or TT Pre-Alg b/c it's on the shelf. 

History: 2nd half of American History (Notgrass & videos) stretch 15 units to 30 weeks. Alternate with Painless Government. 

Science:  Bookshark 7 Robotics/Technology/Engineering, omitting the Earth Science weeks b/c we took care of that for 6th grade with Oak Meadow. So that leaves 25 weeks. Then we may add in some Biology topics for 8-10 weeks.

Writing:  IEW Theme book: Rockets, Radar, & Robiotics Tech-Based Writing OR Jump In

Grammar:  He completed Jr.AG in 5th, I gave him a grammar free year for 6th (still learned through IEW Writing), and anticipated AG for 7-8th. He is not having it. So we may try Editor in Chief level 2 or The Best Grammar Book Ever! Any suggestions? 

Spelling:  We may continue with Spelling You See...... he would be in Book G. Has anyone used that one? Is it any different from F, as far as the setup goes? We may just scrap spelling all together and just correct it in his writing. He doesn't struggle in this area.

Vocabulary:  WordBuild free online

Literature:  He doesn't like the book selections in Lightning Literature 7-8th (sitting on my shelf)...... so we may just stick with Boomerang or Pouch of Boomerang selections. I've been investigating Essentials in Literature 7 so he can work independently on it for the most part..... then just have him read from a huge selection of novels/poetry on our bookshelves using skills he learns in EIL. We are learning annotating this year in 6th grade and close reading together. He'll keep up with that. Has anyone used Essentials in Lit 7 that would be willing to give a review?

Might use bits of Gavirtualschool 7th grade English.  

Logic:  Fallacy Detective

Continue Boys Health/Fight Club/Krav Maga/Chess/Archery

I may sign him up for 1 or 2 classes online with Outschool or Coding on FundaFunda Acad.