Menu

French summer school

Roadrunner

Sorbonne one is for undergrades though, isn’t it? I need more basic stuff, like Intensive B2/C1 level courses 5 hours a day for 2 months that don’t cost 1,000 euros a week. 🤭

And my DH has a strong preference for Montreal or really anywhere in Canada. Although I will take France if I can locate something reasonable.

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1

Sorbonne one is for undergrades though, isn’t it? I need more basic stuff, like Intensive B2/C1 level courses 5 hours a day for 2 months that don’t cost 1,000 euros a week. 🤭

For summer school they have week long classes for language learners, and in French (like French literature) and some even in English (for me?:)). I don’t think the ones I was looking at were 1000/week
  • Like 2

This looks great! I can’t find the cost of summer language camp though with homestay option.

There's an in-country rep here in Bahrain of all places and he sent me a 2018 price list. I can PM it to you. ETA: I didn't read closely enough and this program is definitely not in the easily affordable category. It is one of the better programs available tho. Many of the wealthy people in this region use it.  :leaving:

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

There's an in-country rep here in Bahrain of all places and he sent me a 2018 price list. I can PM it to you. ETA: I didn't read closely enough and this program is definitely not in the easily affordable category. It is one of the better programs available tho. Many of the wealthy people in this region use it. :leaving:

Have you seen anything better price wise? I think this is a better one that I have found so far.

Have you seen anything better price wise? I think this is a better one that I have found so far.

Not really. When I did a month in France (geeze, in 1991-2?) it was $2500 w/homestay and activities but no formal instruction so this seems about right.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I was told Canadian kids take some French proficiency exams around that age and there are prep schools for this. I haven’t looked hard or found any.

But you know, Sorbonne has a “summer universityâ€. Come to Paris with me! :)

Is this the Sorbonne one?  https://www.centerforstudyabroad.com/university-paris-sorbonne/

Or is it directly with the University?  Ds17 is looking for a french immersion program in Quebec or France.

Also, to the op, my son found some reviews/comments on trip advisor.  One of the host families said that they have seen the best results with Quebec-Monde and Bouchereau Lingua International.  That comment was from 2012, so I do not know if that still holds true.

Is this the Sorbonne one?  https://www.centerforstudyabroad.com/university-paris-sorbonne/

Or is it directly with the University?  Ds17 is looking for a french immersion program in Quebec or France.

I was talking about this, which is not exactly language instruction (they state they assume a level B2 but are not checking. These seem more like enrichment lectures for adults it seems, not necessarily a class with homework and the like.) I thought I saw language classes on the same site but can't find now. 

http://universite.ete.sorbonne-universites.fr/cycles-de-cours.html

Edited, here, for the language classes: http://universite.ete.sorbonne-universites.fr/cours-de-fle.html

I have no experience with either at this point in time.

Edited by madteaparty