Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Ugh I hate mornings ....

At least I slept all night.  Unless you count the dozen times my alarm rang (and got snoozed) before I got out of bed.

I got up to work on stuff that should have gone out earlier in the week.  So far I haven't started yet.

• Get some work done.
  • Kids up & off to the school bus.  I hope nobody is sick.
  • Work work work.
  • Bills, housework, etc. on work breaks.
  • Send email about scouts - I'm confused and I'm probably not the only one.
  • Figure out kids' horse riding for today and tomorrow.
  • Driver is to take one kid to horse riding (assuming she isn't too sick).
  • Kids to basketball tournament.
  • Somehow figure out dinner??
  • Probably collapse into bed.
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

sent emails about upcoming events

To Do:

meals (might order pizza for dinner)

school with ds

math student coming for extra tutoring

file FAFSA (I just remembered that I've never filed it for next year.) 

play a game, watch something

• Like 6

Good morning!

•school

•office work (get quarterly taxes ready to mail, go through credit card bills for reimbursements, write a couple notes, deal with registration paperwork and sticker for one vehicle)

•do online rebate for cat's ear medicine

•figure out my Chewy order for February

•teen driving practice

•run to town w/ds19 this afternoon to pick up supplies for the home repair projects he has planned for this weekend (I am so totally spoiled having a kid who can not only fix or build anything, but loves to do so and is always looking for new projects to tackle. My house has never been in such good shape. :) )

•stop at post office and bank

•pick up Japanese takeout for dinner

•read and relax

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Good morning!  Dog woke us up at 3 am slurping at some skin growth on his leg - ugh.  DS16's school closed today because more than 1/4 of the students are out with the flu.  So far he seems to be ok but lots of his friends are sick.

-coffee

-school with DS13

-hair appointment for me and DS13

-make sure DS16 has done his English essay that was due today, help him with that

-library to pick up and drop off

-read, jigsaw puzzle, and relax

-dinner (no idea)

-guilty pleasure:  watch LivePD if I can stay up that long

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

I just need to cry a bit.  I signed up for a field trip with the charter over a month ago, well it is today.   It is all outside and it is supposed to rain.  Note to self, never again.  

Of course I slept like crap, woke up feeling like I am coming down with something.  And to top it off just got my period, which makes me feel like I am being killed on the first 2 days. 

I just want to stay home.

• Like 6

Good morning

- coffee!!!!!

- laundry- load in washer and dryer

- dishes- dish washer going and hand wash done

- fold/put away laundry- the clothes load is done, the loads in the machines are sheets and a blanket

- clean kitchen- done even the floors

- clean living room- about 1/2 done (dd2 is cranky and therefore needs a nap)- done for now

- have girls clean their room- well they cleaned it, gotta go in later to fine tune it (or rather have them pull out what they shoved under the bed and in the closet)

- microbiology stuff

- have dd1 edit her catholic schools week essay- done

- make final post to history discussion- done

- make up goody bags for dd2’s party tomorrow- done

- dinner- done

- baths/showers- done

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done- nap with dd2 (she’s only requires a nap when she’s cranky)

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 8

Good morning! Regular day here. Yesterday was filled with drama on two swim teams. Nothing like fielding an angry call from your college student in the middle of the afternoon and then other issues that will fill up this morning from the other team. I can do nothing about either situation. I am merely repeating, "I am Zen Swim Mom, I provide support and love."  

To do:

Another cup of coffee

school with boys

daily chores

finish weekly chores (interrupted by phone call yesterday)

pick up/drop off dd2

chat/edit paper with dd2

pick up library book/box for mailing

write letters to college kids

ds3 to tennis

pick up dd2/club practice/aikido

TJ's/mail boxes if ready to go

Home-dh making stir fry with new wok

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Yesterday I moved a small chest of drawers to dd's room, moved other furniture a few inches, so now I am ready to hang pictures above her desk. I bought a lovely portrait of a young girl reading a book -- artist was in the Depression era Federal Arts Project. Can you imagine? The government funding art to help people make a living? I was aware of the famous artists who worked on murals in public buildings, but I had not known that there were community art centers for ordinary people. In any case, I fell in love with the painting.

So, I will hang the picture and two pieces of needlework, one crewel, one a sampler, on either side. I have to reframe both, so I have been reading about framing textiles, quite involved. And I will continue looking at the Winterthur web site to see what frames they chose for their needlework.

Dd also has four pretty china plates that I want to hang. Yesterday, I read some homemaking blogs and put about four different brands of plate hangers in my Amazon basket. Today I will read reviews and decide which ones to get.

ETA

Oh, yes, almost forgot -- laundry, shopping, cleaning, bills.

Edited by Alessandra
  • Like 7

MomtoCandJ, the microbiology note caught my eye. That class can be a lot of work! Good luck with it.

My dd is in her third semester tutoring microbiology at her college. She thought she might not tutor this semester because of her own classes, but she had several requesting her. She has set up 3 sessions a week that she is available, and they have to come then if they want her. She's tutoring 9 students so far. She enjoys doing it, and I think it's made her consider a PhD and teaching in the long term. 

• Like 6

I have a headache but at least it's Friday. It was cold and damp enough overnight that one of my doors on the car froze shut but it is opening now. And my foot still hurts. My gait is a little weird but I'm hoping it's just bruise-y and not something wrong. I see ortho next week.

must reply to emails today, but it can wait for tylenol and lunch.

Working on the first astronomy readings today. Need a break from math, but I'll finish that this weekend or the beginning of next week.

• Like 6

It’s tough, doesn’t help though this is the first time it’s been offered in 5 years so everything is rather scattered (as in we don’t have a set exam schedule because the professor isn’t sure of how to pace the class, the lab tech is a little rusty with her skills and there isn’t a set lecture time and lab time, it’s all mixed together so lecture is chopped up Between trips to the lab)

MomtoCandJ, the microbiology note caught my eye. That class can be a lot of work! Good luck with it.

My dd is in her third semester tutoring microbiology at her college. She thought she might not tutor this semester because of her own classes, but she had several requesting her. She has set up 3 sessions a week that she is available, and they have to come then if they want her. She's tutoring 9 students so far. She enjoys doing it, and I think it's made her consider a PhD and teaching in the long term.

• Like 4

Last night was a tough tough night.    It was only this morning that I saw last night's meds still alive and well on the table.  Sigh.  But that means that my muscles are in a death clench this morning..  Anyway. . .

kitchen - dishwasher rebooted

laundry - started one load in the washing machine

paperwork - made last game cube for Japanese language game.

graded algebra. 

• Like 4