Menu

Flylady support thread for Friday January 26 (Baby Step #26)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? 

Day 23 -  Set your afternoon routine 

Day 24 - Swish and swipe 

Day 25 - Learn how the routines developed 

Day 26 - look at the bottom of any Flylady email - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-26/

Today is a day to keep up the good work. So please do so!

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, and face

• Swish and swipe the bathroom

• Read your FlyLady emails

• Recognize the negative voices and change them

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you.

Afternoon Routine

• Make dinner

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed. Consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/BQJXSDmce5k

https://youtu.be/27L1-8kTjko

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 4 - Master bedroom, bathroom and closet.

Friday - Clean out your purse/car and date night!

We use each Friday as our De-Clutter your Purse and Car day. This only takes a few minutes and saves us lots of time later. Without the candy wrappers, old receipts, and other trash in your purse, finding your car keys becomes a breeze! Removing all the clutter and trash from your car ensures that you won’t be hit by any UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) in the event of a crash. Set aside a few minutes just for these two tasks each Friday. Here’s a list of things to toss:

• Old gum and candy wrappers

• Soda bottles

• Scraps of paper/old receipts

• Drive thru bags and cups

• Jackets/coats/shoes

Set your timer and get to it.

Friday is also Date Night. Relationships have to be nurtured. If not, you are going to wake up one day when the children are grown and not know the person you chose to spend your life with. It is up to us to make sure we grow together! Now don’t think I am going to leave out you single people! We all have relationships! Some are marital and others are friendship. As for those friendships that you have let fall by the wayside because your home was too messy for people to come over, it is time to pick up the phone and just say hi!

Relationships are not just inanimate objects; they are made of people with feelings. When we open up our hearts and let someone else in, we become better people!  We can’t just ignore the relationship and expect it to stay the same. People need attention! You need attention! If you give it, it will come back to you! I promise.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday) Today is the day to remake your bed.  This may take a little longer than usual but so well worth it.  Strip your bed and remake it.  Get someone to help you flip the mattress, if you can't then try just to turn it around.  If you have some fabric spray spritz your linens orif you have had any colds or flu's in the house lately consider spraying your mattress and pillows with an anti-bacterial spray. Then place those crisp freshly washed sheets and blanket on.  Take extra are when making the bed.

Really tuck those corners in and fluff the pillows.  An extra tip is to toss your pillow in the dryer with a dryer sheet for added freshness and fluff.  Use your bedspread or comforter and make up the rest of the bed.  Take your time and know how much you will enjoy getting into your bed tonight and how wonderful it will feel.

Maybe tonight you will go to bed a little earlier or stay in bed a little longer tomorrow morning just taking some time to enjoy something so simple yet rewarding.

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): Today we are going to play Hide and Seek! We are going to seek out all the stuff that is hiding underneath our beds!

Set a timer for 15 minutes and get to it. Pull one thing out at a time, if you love it and need it, put it away where it belongs. If you don't love or need it put it in a give away bag. If it is trash, put it in the trash can!

You do not have do all of it today! Just for 15 minutes!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Zone cleaning is done.

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Sweep house minus bedrooms

--Sweep deck and front porch

--File papers

--Shred old papers

Extra:

--Volunteer at thrift store 2 hours

--Continue dismantling Lego buildings

Dinner: Subway sandwiches

Today is an easy day. I don't leave stuff in my car so I don't have to worry about that. I do need to get it washed but I have DH take it in. I just cleaned my purse last night so that's done too.

Edited by Night Elf

I have a sleep number bed so I can't flip the mattress. There is nothing to flip. 

• clean out my purse/travelers notebook. 
  • educate ODS
  • educate YDS. 
  • grade papers
  • 30 minutes in the zone
  • 5 minutes in the bathroom
  • 30 minutes me time
  • go and get salad for tonight
  • figure out how to use Berkey water in my water pic and to wash with.

This is my abbreviated list. LOL DH and I did figure out what we are doing about dinner. We went back to Emeals (meal planning service). We are going to finish up this week with what we have on hand, then next week start with 4 meals a week (so we will not use 3 meals). I still have Once A Month Meals for a couple more weeks so I am going to print out what I was planning on doing for that and if it looks like we are actually going to get an infant (we have went down that road twice and never got anyone) then we can do that. Infants always make meals challenging. So we have a back up plan. ;) 

Tomorrow I can still quilt during German time. So I am going to do that. But I am going to go through my yarn and see what I have to make a little girl. I have so many things made (I turned my grief for my daughter into making things) but I could always make something more. Hat or something. I do know I have pink wool. 

Today is a slow day. I don't feel motivated at all! I'm tired and lunch made me more tired. I'm having a cup of coffee to see if that perks me up but if it doesn't, I'm going to take a nap. I want to get all my stuff done today. I'm on a roll, but then again my days are usually so laid back. I'll say that I'm happy I don't have clutter like i used to. It's like Flylady says, you can't clean clutter. So since I don't have to declutter, all I have left is cleaning and it's usually quick cleaning. Also, my house is small so even zone cleaning doesn't take long.

I'm on the last building in the Lego set I'm working on dismantling. Then it's just a few things like vehicles which I'm just going to put in bags with the instructions. I am not going to take apart vehicles. Then ds will go through and bag up things he wants to stay together. He's got a ton of mini-figures, for example. My motivation to get this done is to move that table out of the library so we can move our bedroom desk in, and then put a cat tree up in our room in front of the window. Our cat will love it. But we can't buy it until we have a place for it. I don't know how much longer it will take to clear away all the rest of these Lego things. I just hope it doesn't drag on for weeks. Ds isn't motivated like I am, but he'll usually do what I ask him to do. 

Oh well, that's my rambling for the day. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hello Fly Friends!  Today I feel like a human being again.  Thank goodness!! 

Babystep Day 4 is making the sticky notes and posting them.  I have them already from previous attempts at this so I will just need to stick them around.

3Ladybugs - how do you like the sleep number bed?  They sound so interesting but I've always been afraid that at some point they would start losing air, like a slow leak on an air mattress or water in a waterbed.

Night Elf - that's awesome that you're getting a cat tree.  Two weeks ago I moved ours from the living room into the sunroom so it's in a corner with windows on both sides.  My 3 cats are actually outside cats from a feral mom who had them underneath the sunroom.  DH has lots of lumber stored under there so we didn't know they were there for several months.  Long story short - they were not socialized.  But for almost 2 years I've been patiently working on that and now I can pet them all and they come into the house to sleep all night on cold nights and in the morning while I make their breakfast.  The one thing I can't do is pick them up and that makes me sad because I really want to cuddle them but I think it's way past time to give that a try.

CatTree_zpszbx3wm5l.jpg

Take care everybody ~

Love our Sleep Number bed! We have had it since April 2005. It has moved 3 times and can be packed in our sedan! Nothing I would change about it. I don't adjust it as much as I used to (first few years I was constantly playing with my sleep number). Our remote has lost some of the diodes too. So I am not always sure what number I am on. However no air leaks on either side. I love that I can actually wash it too. After our youngest co slept with us for almost 4 years (yes I spoiled him) I took the top of it to the dry cleaner to see if they could get some stains out. Sadly they couldn't but just try to do that with a normal bed! We have another 6 years roughly of the warranty so I guess I have another 6 years left of our bed. It has been great though. :)

Oh and I grew up with water beds. My father used to sell them so I got one as a child. This is FAR more supportive then one of those and they are also FAR warmer! Who remembers laying on one of those without the mattress pad and freezing! ME!!

Beth that is an impressive lego set that has taken you this long to take apart! I almost feel like you deserve a reward for doing all that! 

I was curriculum researching today. I would like to think that this slows down or stops at some point but I feel like I am constantly tweaking! LOL

Beth that is an impressive lego set that has taken you this long to take apart! I almost feel like you deserve a reward for doing all that! 

It wasn't just one set. It was 4 modular buildings I think. The last set had 3 buildings, 2 vehicles and a fountain. The building I did today was the last true Lego building. What's left on the table are buildings that ds put together himself. There are no instruction books so if I take them apart, they'll never be able to be reconstructed. I need him to decide if he's ready to take those apart. I think he is, but it's his decision. If I have to, I will go to Walmart and buy boxes and just put the whole set into the box and put it in the attic like that. But there are also lots of loose pieces laying around the table that need to go in the bins. Oh the bins he has!! You wouldn't believe it. They're separated by color and specialty. He's also got some vehicles on the table that are stand alone sets. I'm going to put each one into its own bag, with instructions if ds still has them. AND, I just remembered he has a very old Lego fort sitting on a shelf in his room. I'm fairly certain that came with the instructions because he put it together. I think he paid big bucks for that because it's an old set. I guess I need to take that apart too. *sigh* He started playing with Legos when he was 2 and had Duplo blocks. At 3, we started getting him small sets and he just took off from there. He'll never get rid of these but I bet he could make a bundle if he ever did decide to sell them.