Menu

French curriculum for kindergarten

visitor

• 2 weeks later...

Le Francais Facile

Getting Started With French, beginning Duolingo after lesson 60

Learnables

Fluent Forever

If you youtube "French for kids" there are like a bazillion videos.

There is a version for younger children called "Le Francais Facile Junior" that I went through with my dc at the Kindergarten level. It was great. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be the core of my curriculum:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00DSXMNTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1519084075&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dora+coffret+dvd&dpPl=1&dpID=51xKUrEHI6L&ref=plSrch

15 hours of Dora the Explorer in French for 18 Euro plus shipping!?! Yes!! It’s region 2, but we have an all region DVD player, and a laptop that’s permanently set to Region 2, so that’s not a big deal. Biggest hurdle is Dh signing off on that much screen time...

I’m also excited about this resource:

https://www.readinga-z.com/worldlanguages/french/leveled-books/

400+ French leveled readers! 28 levels! You print them yourself. It’s an annual subscription, but they have a home use license that’s not insane, when you consider the cost of buying the equivalent number of books.

• Like 1

This is going to be the core of my curriculum:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00DSXMNTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1519084075&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dora+coffret+dvd&dpPl=1&dpID=51xKUrEHI6L&ref=plSrch

15 hours of Dora the Explorer in French for 18 Euro plus shipping!?! Yes!! It’s region 2, but we have an all region DVD player, and a laptop that’s permanently set to Region 2, so that’s not a big deal. Biggest hurdle is Dh signing off on that much screen time...

You don't think it would be confusing for Dora to be teaching Spanish while your kids are trying to learn the French? :) If you want French cartoon recs I can give plenty...

You don't think it would be confusing for Dora to be teaching Spanish while your kids are trying to learn the French? :) If you want French cartoon recs I can give plenty...

Dora teaches English in the French version. So it actually would help the kids understand what is going on. That said, I would love French cartoon recommendations!