Menu

Flylady support thread for Tuesday January 23 (Baby Step #23)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? 

Day 23 -  Set your afternoon routine - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-23/

This is fairly easy to understand. For now we will just have “start dinner†on it.

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, and face

• Read your FlyLady emails

• Recognize the negative voices and change them

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you.

Afternoon Routine

• Make dinner

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed. Consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 4 - Master bedroom, bathroom and closet.

Tuesday - Planning Day - This could be anything that needs to be planned. Meal planning, lesson planning, activity planning, holiday planning, or anything else.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday):  The Master Bedroom! This is the one room that seems to get things tossed into it when you can't find any other place to put something away. 

Your mission for today is to set your timer for 15 minutes and gather up some things that just don't belong in your bedroom. Spend 5 minutes gathering and 10 minutes on a delivery mission to either put things away or toss them in the trash!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): Today we are going to do something that might be hard but that is okay. You can do this! You are going to go look in your rooms for 11 toys that are either broken or missing pieces that need to be thrown away. Get a trash bag and toss them! 

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

I can't sleep! I woke up at 1:15 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm reading the board. Since this thread is up, I'll go ahead and post my day.

Zone cleaning (Master Bathroom, toilet/shower room)

--Clean shower, including knob and drain

--Wash shower curtain

--Wipe baseboards

--Wipe plunger container

--Wipe brush container

--Wash floor

--Clean cobwebs

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Clean out refrigerator - trash night

--Gather trash and take can to curb

--Sweep house minus bedrooms

--Sweep deck and front porch

--Hall bathroom tidy

--Have ds swiffer his tv/consoles/desk

Extra:

--Must fill car with gas today

--Continue dismantling Lego structures

--Wash quilt for donation

--Ask ds to go through his clothes to see if he has donations

--Go into dd's room and pick up any trash she left before she went back to school

Dinner: DH and ds are having Chinese takeout. I'm having sauteed yellow squash, zucchini and onion served over white rice.

Gosh, do I really have this much to do today? Seeing it all written down is overwhelming. I've got to get back to sleep or I'll be too tired to accomplish anything!

Edited by Night Elf

I hope you were able to go back to sleep! No use being a zombie! 

Today's list

• Boys bath
  • laundry wash
  • laundry dry
  • laundry put away
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • lunch
  • snacks
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • prepare for tomorrow
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • brush teeth
  • Educate ODS
  • 30 minutes lesson planning
  • 30 minutes meal planning

That is enough I think. 

Edited by 3 ladybugs

I realize keeping a cleaning/decluttering system going with small children in the house is challenging. I did pretty well when my children were very young. I just got them to help me. I rarely went behind them to do it "right". I'd just work with them the next time and they eventually picked it up. I didn't want to make cleaning stressful so I wasn't about to start pointing out things they could do better.

Things are much easier for me now that I have no young children. Not only am I decluttering and cleaning, I'm meal planning and cooking decent meals. Tell you what though, I'd absolutely go back to the days when my kids were young if I could. I really miss having littles in the house. I'm 50 years old now. Last night I dreamed I gave birth to a baby girl and no one was around to help me celebrate. I was in love with her. I can still see her even this late in the day. It makes me kind of sad.

Hi Guys!  Ok, Day 2 Get Dressed To Lace-Up Shoes ~  This is the hardest habit for me!!  It's not the shoes that's the problem.  It's the jump out of bed and get dressed right away aspect. 

I work from home (actually it's more of a hobby that I can make some spending money at) and my only son is 24, married, and out of the house.  I have a slow paced and more leisurely lifestyle.  Husband brings me coffee in bed at 6:30 and I open my tablet and read the email, etc.   At 7:30 I get up to feed the cats.  8:30 I eat breakfast.  9:30 we go for our daily walk.  I'm just really not motivated to do much until we get back from our walk.  I putter around and make my bed, put away the dishes, etc.  That sounds pathetic doesn't it?   I think I have the Cajun lady syndrome!! 

Tomorrow I'm going to get out of bed at 7:15 and see if I can do the teeth brushing, face washing, etc.  before I go out to feed the cats. 

Another of my problems is that I LOVE fuzzy pants.  And tops.   I basically have been living in them all winter.  For many winters.  I own 7 pair!  I love layering and fuzzy clothing is warmer than sweatshirts!! 

I'm really going to try to conquer this.  Perhaps I can use them as a reward to be put on after 5 in the evening if I accomplished my goals??

It is not completely impossible to do this with small children... I say as I have yet to get an infant placement... who knows what will happen then. I think you just have to plan a bit better. 

Happy Girl - Welcome! Do whatever you need to. My sons have a reward system where if they do their chores for 10 days they get a special date with a parent. Perhaps you can do something like that, though if 5 days makes it easier for you then I would do that. Also don't feel like you need to wake at a certain time to make this work. I am not about to get up at 6 am like my DH. Yeah that is really not happening. Do what you feel you need to. I would focus on consistency and small steps. 

---

I did lesson planning and realized I need more lessons. Doh! I guess a Rainbow Resource order is in my future. At least it will not be $400 or something. 

I have coffee before I get dressed. Diane in Denmark does too. I watched a video of her morning routine. She gets her coffee and takes it to her bathroom to sip on while she puts on her makeup and then gets dressed.

I often get up before DH so I really can't start my morning routine until he gets up and I can get in there and get dressed and make the bed. Although he's been making the bed instead of me lately. I just wear jeans and regular shirts or sweatshirts if I'm cold. I do not dress like I'm off to work. I wear slipper boots. I can wear them outside and if I have to leave the house it's no big deal to change to my lace-up shoes. I take lots of breaks and sit or lay on the sofa with a blanket. My slippers are soft enough that I don't take them off. But if I was wearing lace-up shoes, I'd have to take them off every time I sit down and put them back on when I get up. That's ridiculous. That's one baby step I don't follow.