Menu

Hello Fresh customer service

Night Elf

I've contacted them twice now about problems and both times they've been wonderful! Tonight we were sorely disappointed in our dinner. That's the first dinner in months that was truly terrible. It was barbeque pulled pork sandwiches. The meat was too fatty. I was getting bites of fat and not meat in the sandwich. The cucumber was mushy so I only used half of it. The cabbage/carrot slaw required a whole tablespoon of white wine vinegar and that was about twice too much. It ruined the taste of the slaw. I had to add a lot more sugar and sour cream to neutralize that taste and even then we barely ate it. The whole meal was a disappointment. I went on their Live Chat and complained and they are crediting my account $20. I think that's totally fair and I'm pleased they are willing to make wrongs right.

Just wanted to share that.

• Like 6

We just started doing it too. We are starting our third week of Family boxes. Everything has been good so far and we have discovered a fish that we all like! The portion sizes are good too, enough but you can't really overeat. I haven't had to complain about anything yet, but I frequently get emails and offers for a free friend box or whatever. They also send an SMS when they are on the way. My favorite thing is not thinking about what is for dinner and if family members don't like it, it's not my fault. For next week we all looked at the choices over dinner and picked what everyone thought looked good. The other good thing is if I'm busy one of my dds can grab the bag and the recipe card and get started. Plus we are learning a foreign language since the cards are in Dutch. I might switch to French since we are better at that language, but for now the Dutch is part of the fun.

We just started doing it too. We are starting our third week of Family boxes. Everything has been good so far and we have discovered a fish that we all like! The portion sizes are good too, enough but you can't really overeat. I haven't had to complain about anything yet, but I frequently get emails and offers for a free friend box or whatever. They also send an SMS when they are on the way. My favorite thing is not thinking about what is for dinner and if family members don't like it, it's not my fault. For next week we all looked at the choices over dinner and picked what everyone thought looked good. The other good thing is if I'm busy one of my dds can grab the bag and the recipe card and get started. Plus we are learning a foreign language since the cards are in Dutch. I might switch to French since we are better at that language, but for now the Dutch is part of the fun.

Have you seen the Carrefour "Simply You" boxes? It is 60 euros for 4 people/3 meals vs. 63 for Hello Fresh. The meals looks easier/faster - but maybe that makes it not worth the cost.  And they only have 10 recipes to choose from, while HF has 12. One advantage (to me) is that I can pick up a box at a nearby store rather than having delivery. It seems like it would be fresher - but are you happy with the freshness of Hello Fresh? I'm just thinking out loud.

• Like 1