Menu

Never Have I Ever ....

poppy

Pedicure people, I gotta say, I've only had a few when I had to go to fancy things.  But let me tell you, it's not what I thought it was before I had one.

It's *NOT ABOUT THE TOE NAIL POLISH*

It feels like a luxurious massage that last 30+ minutes and keeps building.... hot water, towels, hot stones, foot rub, lotion.  

Feet are so personal and sensitive.   It feels no less luxurious than a full body massage, but  it's like $35.

I don't do it often but it is pretty flippin' amazing.

• Like 3

Pedicure people, I gotta say, I've only had a few when I had to go to fancy things.  But let me tell you, it's not what I thought it was before I had one.

It's *NOT ABOUT THE TOE NAIL POLISH*

It feels like a luxurious massage that last 30+ minutes and keeps building.... hot water, towels, hot stones, foot rub, lotion.  

Feet are so personal and sensitive.   It feels no less luxurious than a full body massage, but  it's like $35.

I don't do it often but it is pretty flippin' amazing.

I don't know.  I don't like the idea of a stranger touching me.  So hence why I have never had anything involving a lot of touching like manicures, pedicures, massages, etc.  I don't even like going to hair dressers so I rarely go!

• Like 5

I have never:

had an alcoholic drink

smoked

had a pedicure

personally used a GPS -- I'm a map and highlighter kind of girl

I've had one manicure -- for my wedding -- and I was not impressed.

I recently had my first massage.  It was with someone I personally know, or I would have never done it.

I kind of wish that I had never tried sushi, because now I'm kind of addicted to it.

I don't know. I don't like the idea of a stranger touching me. So hence why I have never had anything involving a lot of touching like manicures, pedicures, massages, etc. I don't even like going to hair dressers so I rarely go!

I think it would be much more intimate if it was someone you knew. The people at mani pedi places have seen it all , I’m sure . There is also a sense of ‘being alone’ because — in every place I’ve gone — the workers do not speak English to each other, and do not attempt to chat with you beyond polite introductions and occasional instructions. There’s none of that painful chitchat like you have to engage in with a hairdresser . You can put headphones on or daydream so it feels very private.

I think it would be much more intimate if it was someone you knew. The people at mani pedi places have seen it all , I’m sure . There is also a sense of ‘being alone’ because — in every place I’ve gone — the workers do not speak English to each other, and do not attempt to chat with you beyond polite introductions and occasional instructions. There’s none of that painful chitchat like you have to engage in with a hairdresser . You can put headphones on or daydream so it feels very private.

LOL, I've had two full-body massages and one foot massage and they were among the worst experiences of my life.   I will never do it again unless there is a medical reason for it.   There was no chitchat (though the people were all English-speaking), it was very quiet and calm... I still hated it.   :-)

Had a manicure or pedicure, watched Orange is New Black, Game of Thrones or Sex in the City, ate at Krystals or Popeyes

What is Krystals?

If you eat once at Popeyes, you will want to go again and again and again...   Better to not start than to have to go through the whole addiction and rehab route. ;)

I'd feel better if they talked to me.  It would be weird to have people speaking a foreign language to others around me.  I'd wonder if they were talking about me!!  Every customer focused job I've had that's customer service 101.  You don't have conversations in a foreign language in front of customers!

• Like 5

The massages that I've gotten were for medical purposes -- I have chronic migraines.  The young lady doing the massages is the daughter of a friend of mine.  I've known her since she was in elementary school.  I trust her, and so I am able to relax.  If it was someone I didn't know, the massage would be useless because I wouldn't be able to relax at all.

• Like 1

I'd feel better if they talked to me. It would be weird to have people speaking a foreign language to others around me. I'd wonder if they were talking about me!! Every customer focused job I've had that's customer service 101. You don't have conversations in a foreign language in front of customers!

I get paranoid about this too!

What is Krystals?

If you eat once at Popeyes, you will want to go again and again and again...   Better to not start than to have to go through the whole addiction and rehab route. ;)

Similar to White Castle.  Small, square burgers that you either love or hate.  I love them, but don't live in the south anymore.

We don't have White Castle around that I know of.  They sell their burgers frozen at Aldi.  They have onions on them though so of course I would not try them. 

White Castle would be your own personal hell.  The stench of grilled onions would knock you out in the parking lot.  I can't even get near the place, and I actually like onions.

Ah, so it's just the taste of onions that you don't like?  Or fresh onions?

Still, it's not really grilled onions at WC.  It's like they spray the grill with aged armpit sweat before tossing the onions and burgers on there.

They burn my mouth, make the roof of my mouth itch, and make me gag and vomit.  Even onion powder or well cooked onions cause me problems (but it is less intense).  It's weird, but I've always been like that.

They don't have much of a taste to me.  Just burning, itchiness, and misery.  So yeah I don't eat them.  :laugh:

I didn't think it was possible to homeschool without them?!? :scared:

Oh sure it is. . . You can wear a denim jumper instead!

(Never have I ever worn a denim jumper.)

Never have I ever colored my hair. Or been to Europe.

I’ve never smoked anything ever. I’ve never had a tattoo (yet — might get one of Nate’s handprint). I’ve never caused a car accident or had a speeding ticket.

Edited by happypamama
  • Like 1

I've never had a FB account or pierced ears (or any other body part) or had a massage, manicure, or pedicure.

I've never ever even remotely been interested in any specific actor/ess or singer or otherwise famous person.  I watch things on TV/movies and listen to music, but don't give a hoot about their personal lives.  I couldn't identify a Kardashian and certainly don't care to learn.

I don't know all the professional sports teams by name or mascot either.

And I don't care about fashion or latest styles in anything.

I love cruise control though!  ;)

• Like 1

Adding one more as I was just reminded of it (on TV). 

Never have I ever watched a Super Bowl, not for the football and certainly not for the commercials!  I'm not changing for this year either.  It's kind of a badge of honor now - or maybe tradition is the better word.  We always purposely do something else during the Super Bowl, often with very low crowd levels!  That, we love.

I don't know all the professional sports teams by name or mascot either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the TN football team was playing the Patriots earlier in the playoffs and I was all, "since when does TN have a NFL team?" Apparently since the Oilers (which I *HAD* heard of) relocated there 20 years ago...

• Like 3

I also have never had a pedicure.  (And I never will because I can't stand having my feet touched.)

I've never skied despite having lived in or near snowy, hilly places where skiing was available.  

I've never watched Game of Thrones.  I think that's common?  Seems like it's very popular.

I could have written this one!  :)

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the TN football team was playing the Patriots earlier in the playoffs and I was all, "since when does TN have a NFL team?" Apparently since the Oilers (which I *HAD* heard of) relocated there 20 years ago...

My mom is a huge Syracuse Orange (college team) fan.  My phone is smart enough to let me know when they are playing and update me with scores when the games are done.  That way I can at least pretend to be on top of it when talking with my mom.  I have no idea how or why my phone decided it should give me this information, but somehow it figured out I needed some help.  Maybe Big Brother is listening in on our phone conversations!   :coolgleamA:

It doesn't bother with any professional sports.  It will let me know my Alma mater's scores (Virginia Tech) and Syracuse.  That's it.  That's more than enough.  My mom often asks me about VT, so that would go along with figuring it out from the phone conversations... but I don't know if that's the link or, what???

Ok, I guess I am just too common.  I have participated or done 90% of the things listed.  I even had to smoke for a play I was in at a Christian college one time, so I can't say I haven't smoked.

I don't have a tattoo though.  That is about it.

Eaten lamb. I have such a fondness for sheep, I just can't . It would be about the same as eating a cat, dog or horse to me. Just can't do it.

Never played on an organized sports team.

Never been in a natural body water. Swimming pools only please. I mean there is fish poop and dead bodies on the ocean. OMG!!!

Edited by Elizabeth86

How on earth have you never pumped gas?

She lives in Jersey! Even if you go to NY you can find full serve. But if you go over the line to PA, the PA people laugh at the Jersey girls.

My take on it was sure laugh at me now on the lovely spring day while I struggle with the pump. I’ll think of you in the dead of winter while it is sleeting and you are standing out there pumping your own gas. I’ll be in my nice warm car while appropriately dressed attendants pump my gas!

• Like 1

She lives in Jersey! Even if you go to NY you can find full serve. But if you go over the line to PA, the PA people laugh at the Jersey girls.

My take on it was sure laugh at me now on the lovely spring day while I struggle with the pump. I’ll think of you in the dead of winter while it is sleeting and you are standing out there pumping your own gas. I’ll be in my nice warm car while appropriately dressed attendants pump my gas!

For a long time there was only full service in Oregon. It took some getting used to when we first moved here.

:lol: I have never been that far north. i thought full service gas stations on happened in the 1950's. I don't get out much!

One of the best things about living in NJ!  But I have left the state often enough that I've pumped my own gas probably a couple dozen times.  Usually Pennsylvania or Connecticut.

I've never seen Titanic and I don't know ALL the sports teams but dh watches enough that I've picked up quite a few, at least pro football and college basketball.

• Like 1