Menu

Just finished "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"... now what?

umsami

Just finished watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime and loved it.  (warning: language and fabulous clothes)   Now what do I want to watch/binge on?

Anybody watch "Morocco in Love and War" (think that's what it's called) on Netflix??

Other ideas?

I've watched both seasons of "The Crown" already.

I don't have Hulu.  

Just finished watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime and loved it.  (warning: language and fabulous clothes)   Now what do I want to watch/binge on?

Anybody watch "Morocco in Love and War" (think that's what it's called) on Netflix??

Other ideas?

I've watched both seasons of "The Crown" already.

I don't have Hulu.  

For more swearing + fabulous clothes on Prime, there is a movie called something like The Dressmaker.  (There are two, actually, so be sure to get the right one.)  Woman comes back to outback town, after leaving as a child and becoming a dressmaker in Paris.  It's a mystery, and a wee bit, um, surreal/whimsical.   Quirky with fabulous clothes.

• Like 2

I just watched the first episode last night. The translation dialogue seems a bit stilted and I'd almost rather have subtitles, but I think this is going to be a good show.

Have you watched The Good Girls Revolt on Amazon? I really liked it. It's based on real events that happened at Newsweek. The magazine and most of the people are fictional so they can add more drama.

Have you seen "The Time In Between"?

ETA: Set in Spanish Morocco in the 1930s. Fabulous clothes, as main character is a dressmaker.

I loved that show! It was someone on the boards (Mom-ninja) who recommended it a thread like this.

• Like 3

Seconding The Good Girls Revolt. It's based off a book by Lynn Povich, also recommended. I hope another channel will pick the show back up--for soooommmeeee reason, the male powers that be at Amazon didn't like it. Go figure.

We are starting Mrs Maisle tonight.

• Like 2