Menu

Decent bras

Free Indeed

We had trouble finding the right size for dd. We ended up getting help at both Title Nine and a local lingerie shop, and both times ended up with Natori brand, 32DD. They are really nice. I'm much smaller and typically get the cheapest I can find, but I'm saving up money to get some nicer bras for myself because I'm jealous of dd's. But hers have been as much as $72, so I'm hoping to still be a bit cheaper with myself. I am glad that we finally found something for her that fits well and has good support, even if we had to buy one at a time!

If you go to a department store like Nordstrom or Dillards they will have someone who can fit her and several nice brands to choose from at once. I personally love Wacoal. They are pricey but if you need support you have to get used to the idea that your bras cost more. I pay $40-50 on the low end and up to $80 on the high end. On the plus side, you don't end up with shoulder grooves and back pain and the bras last a long time if you take care of them. Also clothes fit so much nicer. Ask the lingerie department to put you on an email list for semi annual sales.

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 2

My favorites are Goddess "Keira" and "Clara". I bought my first set at a specialty store where I got properly fitted, but recently I bought replacements on Amazon. I bought 4 to rotate through 3.5 years ago, and only one has had a wire pop through. I bought the replacements to have on hand in case they were discontinued. I wash in a lingerie bag in the normal wash and hang to dry. 

• Like 1

Nordstroms Rack, or regular Nordstroms' sale rack, is a good place to find quality bras at a decent price.  Macy's has a fairly decent selection and some of their clerks are knowledgeable.  

Victoria's Secret does not carry a wide range of sizes, and our experience with their clerks is that they know less than nothing about fit and will put you into whatever they can sell you.  If you are within their size range and know enough to be able to fit yourself, you might get something, but they are not cheap; we've gotten better quality at Nordie's.

Or, if you sew, you can make your own - no really!  If you can sew in a sleeve, you can sew a bra.  This Craftsy video is the best place to start.  Beverly packs a ton of info into the video, and if you go to her website you can often get the video on sale, as well as pick up a kit with all the materials you need to make your first bra.

• Like 1

Target sells Warner's, and I've liked those for those of us who are small to regular sized gals.  

Warner's is what I wear. I like being able to adjust the strap from the front after I've put the bra on and it's not underwire. I have to be careful when replacing them that I get the same model number. It's easy to grab a similar one thinking it's what I wear, but then it doesn't fit right.

• Like 1

Bali, Wacoal, and Lunaire are my favorites. I have some yoga bras by Glamorise that are comfortable for light exercise (walking, bike riding, etc). If she does exercise with a lot of movement (baskstball or volleyball, for example) then get a good sports bra. I've had good luck with barenecessities.com once I have an idea of how a particular brand fits, and sometimes I can find what I like on amazon.

Edited by ClemsonDana

It really depends on the size. I will never shop at Dillard's for a bra again, what they had in my size was not good quality. A really good lingerie/bra store is a great resource. If she needs a band size under 34 and/or a cup size over DD, Ewa Michalak, Panache/Cleo, Freya, Fantasie, and Curvy Kate are all good brands, but the sizing is different than with American companies.

Is anyone familiar with Third Love bras? My sister in law liked them on Facebook, so their ads keep popping up on my page and I wondered if the reviews on FB are accurate.

I’m curious about these, too. They’re all over my FB feed, as well, and i’ve been tempted to try them.

Is anyone familiar with Third Love bras? My sister in law liked them on Facebook, so their ads keep popping up on my page and I wondered if the reviews on FB are accurate.

I have one and like it a lot, but I was disappointed that the different style I ordered in the same size was too small. It's very difficult to find my size (32G/DDDD), and even Third Love has limited options for small band/large cup sizes.