Menu

Experience with Lawrence from WHA?

I don't know if they are going to do it again this year, but WHA did that "sit in on a class" thing last year for prospective students. If they offer it again this year, it might be possible to sit in on one of Lawrence's classes. Not sure if that will be enough (since DD & I sat in on one class where we got positive vibes off the teacher but are really disliking her this year  :crying: ), but it is a start. The other idea might be to email & see if WHA will have some current student's parents email you with reviews? They are having a webinar on this Thursday that you can attend if you are interested. Info in the other WHA thread.

• Like 2

I don't know if they are going to do it again this year, but WHA did that "sit in on a class" thing last year for prospective students. If they offer it again this year, it might be possible to sit in on one of Lawrence's classes. Not sure if that will be enough (since DD & I sat in on one class where we got positive vibes off the teacher but are really disliking her this year  :crying: ), but it is a start. The other idea might be to email & see if WHA will have some current student's parents email you with reviews? They are having a webinar on this Thursday that you can attend if you are interested. Info in the other WHA thread.

My understanding is that they are not doing the 'sit in on a class' thing anymore, but there are supposed to be videos posted on the student life section of the website. Unfortunately, it is still under development. I was told it would be up the beginning of January and it is still not up. I did email them about it again today and also asked if it were possible to talk to some parents who have students in Mr. Lawrence's class currently.  

Honestly, we stand to lose a lot of money if he is not a good fit. There are only three or so weeks until open registration so I really hope they get those videos up. I just saw on their website today about the webinar and marked it on my calendar. 

• Like 1

Interesting. I thought they might do it again this year because I thought it was a successful recruitment tool last year. Also, I saw DD's Spanish teacher created an assignment titled something like, "Permission Letter for ..." the sit-in class thing. (Of course, phantom assignments show up periodically in her class and aren't actually assigned in Modules, so I wasn't sure.)

My understanding is that they are not doing the 'sit in on a class' thing anymore, but there are supposed to be videos posted on the student life section of the website. Unfortunately, it is still under development. I was told it would be up the beginning of January and it is still not up. I did email them about it again today and also asked if it were possible to talk to some parents who have students in Mr. Lawrence's class currently.  

Honestly, we stand to lose a lot of money if he is not a good fit. There are only three or so weeks until open registration so I really hope they get those videos up. I just saw on their website today about the webinar and marked it on my calendar. 

:iagree: WHA's refund policy stinks. I hope you find someone who can PM you if they aren't willing to post in the open forums.

Interesting. I thought they might do it again this year because I thought it was a successful recruitment tool last year. Also, I saw DD's Spanish teacher created an assignment titled something like, "Permission Letter for ..." the sit-in class thing. (Of course, phantom assignments show up periodically in her class and aren't actually assigned in Modules, so I wasn't sure.)

This is from an email I got from WHA:  "In lieu of open campus, this year we will be launching our Student Life section on the website.  It will contain video clips of many of our live classes so that prospective students and parents can get an idea of how things work in the online classroom.  The Student Life area of the website should be up and running hopefully next week, so keep a lookout on our website. "  (received on 1/5/18)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...