Menu

Possibly the dumbest question out there - does Tupperware only sell plastic?

PeacefulChaos

Seems obvious, right?  :lol:

But seriously, my SIL is having a party tonight and I'm 100% NOT interested, unless by some chance they sell storage made of something other than plastic.  

I'm assuming they don't sell glass or stainless steel, but apparently it's such an obvious question that I can't find an answer to it anywhere on line. On the off chance they do, I just wanted to make sure.

TIA!

I'm not crazy about plastic either, but I do use Tupperware for some things as their plastic is better than most.

The side by side snack containers are really good for lunchboxes.  I used to put berries or apple slices on one side and organic chex with peanut butter to dip into it on the other for DD when she was in kindergarten, and that way even her snacktime snack was balanced.  

The really big bowls are great for meal sized salads.  For work I make up the dressing in the bottom of the bowl, add cheese chunks and any onions/radishes/carrots/peppers to the bottom, then put the fluff greens on top.  I fill it about 2/3 full and don't toss until right before eating it.  It doesn't have to go in the fridge--just in a cool place; and it seals really well.

My favorite T. thing is my fondue pot--best one I have ever seen.  It is very stable, has a metal pot for meat fondue, and a ceramic insert to go inside the metal pot for cheese or chocolate fondue.  This means that the cheese/chocolate is over boiling water and doesn't scorch as it can directly over a flame.  I don't think they make those anymore.

I see the thermos bottle, but wouldn't want one with Tupperware written all over it.  

I once asked a Tupperware saleswoman whether she thought the company would branch out into other materials and move away from plastic and she says, "Why on Earth would they do that?!!" like I was nuts. Oh, you know - market forces...but I didn't press the issue.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk