Menu

Who's celebrating their wedding anniversary today, besides me?

Anna

We were actually engaged on 2/11, but it's more of a Valentine's thing.

Our first "real" date, as a dating couple, was to a formal Valentine's dance. It was the first time I had slow-danced with someone in whose arms I *wanted* to be.

We got engaged a year later. He had graduated and I was finishing my senior year of college. I came home the weekend just before Valentine's--there was really no way to manage it ON Valentine's due to school and work.

He proposed by taking me for a walk in the snow and "finding" an ice sculpture of a hand with my engagement ring on it. There was a full moon, and the snow was deep and fresh, and it was altogether beautiful.

It's not our wedding but its the day DH asked me to 'go out' (go steady?) with him! 15 yrs ago! It is actually my favorite holiday day.

On a more twisted, sad note this is also the date my parents divorce was finalized. And every year they both call me up to say what a crappy thing it is the other one set it up to be valentine's day. :rolleyes: No worries, I treat more as a joke now then anything else, it was almost 20yrs ago. And for the record, I have decided that it was just a weird twist of fate, and had nothing to do with either parent!

Have a great day!

Christy

We were actually engaged on 2/11, but it's more of a Valentine's thing.

Our first "real" date, as a dating couple, was to a formal Valentine's dance. It was the first time I had slow-danced with someone in whose arms I *wanted* to be.

We got engaged a year later. He had graduated and I was finishing my senior year of college. I came home the weekend just before Valentine's--there was really no way to manage it ON Valentine's due to school and work.

He proposed by taking me for a walk in the snow and "finding" an ice sculpture of a hand with my engagement ring on it. There was a full moon, and the snow was deep and fresh, and it was altogether beautiful.

How sweet!

My dh proposed on the 15th, but taking me up in the mountains. I thought he was trying to kill me ;) (it's Colorado, it was icy and steep and I'm from the South and....), but he was just trying to get me to go to a beautiful spot where he lit a campfire and gave me a wonderfully romantic letter. Then he got down on one knee and proposed (even after all my whining getting up there LOL). Last year, for our 10th anniversary in May, he took me back to the same spot and gave me a gorgeous Past, Present, and Future ring :D.