Menu

Cty

Roadrunner

We didn’t need to apply. It was immediate after they got the results from CollegeBoard.

ETA:

They also got the SAT results faster than we got them. So I “cheated†by checking my kids accounts for SAT scores a day ahead instead of calling CollegeBoard.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

Strange. They sent us an invitation to join and the link to the application, and I remember reading it wasn’t automatic. Things must have changed.

Oh, and not only that, it took an extra 5 days after the release of SAT scores for them to appear in CTY website. 😉

Edited by Roadrunner

Strange. They sent us an invitation to join and the link to the application, and I remember reading it wasn’t automatic. Things must have changed.

That’s the “consent formâ€. So your kid is automatically accepted if you get the invitation but you still need to email back the forms to consent to participate in SET. We just print, fill it up, scanned the completed form and emailed it back.

ETA:

I did ask them to acknowledge receipt of the SET form just to be sure my yahoo email wasn’t being wonky and didn’t send properly. Other than that, there was no acknowledgement besides getting the newsletter and magazine some time later in the mail.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

That’s the “consent formâ€. So your kid is automatically accepted if you get the invitation but you still need to email back the forms to consent to participate in SET. We just print, fill it up, scanned the completed form and emailed it back.

ETA:

I did ask them to acknowledge receipt of the SET form just to be sure my yahoo email wasn’t being wonky and didn’t send properly. Other than that, there was no acknowledgement besides getting the newsletter and magazine some time later in the mail.

Ooh, I didn’t realize that. Thanks!

Your child would get an invite to the grand ceremony at Shriver Hall at JHU too for qualifying for SET. We went for my oldest in 2016 since we were going to Toronto and Niagara Falls in Canada for a planned vacation anyway so we timed our vacation to be right after the ceremony. We might go again for my youngest depending on how costly the airfare is in March and also if he even wants to go again to Shriver Hall.

• Like 1