Menu

File under: I have strange children

maize

"Tomato on, tomato off" sandwiches. 

dh and I eat tomato sandwiches all the time in season. When the girls were smaller, they liked the tomato flavor but not the actual tomato, so they started requesting "tomato on, tomato off" sandwiches - make the tomato sandwich as usually with toasted bread, mayo, and slices of tomato. Put it together, cut in half . . . and then remove the tomato, lol. 

• Like 5

Some of my kids have LOVED sushi since toddlerhood.

These same kids like square frozen pizza just as much.

None of them will eat anything Chef Boyardee, but they wish I'd buy boxed mac and cheese.

One of my sons considers ketchup to be too spicy and won't eat hamburgers, but he'll devour taco seasoned ground beef, by itself. Hell also eat baked potatoes and French fries, but not mashed or broiled.

• Like 1

"Tomato on, tomato off" sandwiches. 

dh and I eat tomato sandwiches all the time in season. When the girls were smaller, they liked the tomato flavor but not the actual tomato, so they started requesting "tomato on, tomato off" sandwiches - make the tomato sandwich as usually with toasted bread, mayo, and slices of tomato. Put it together, cut in half . . . and then remove the tomato, lol. 

I am fond of pizza with Jalapeno's that way.  I would never order it myself that way, but with a group I am happy to flick the peppers onto the next slice and just enjoy the heat from the residual juice.   Everyone I eat with is happy to have extra peppers.  

• Like 2