Menu

Ok these are officially the ugliest pants ever...

SparklyUnicorn

That site is amazing. It’s like the people who designed the clothes only had a vague idea about what a human body looks like. And the clothes are not cheap!

https://www.buykud.com/collections/2018-january-new/products/women-loose-casual-shoulder-sleeve-black-lacing-dress?lshst=collection

My favorite:

https://www.buykud.com/collections/2018-january-new/products/retro-floral-printing-women-loose-green-lantern-skirt?lshst=collection

• Like 7

I saw someone perform in these just this weekend:

https://www.melodiadesigns.com/jumpers/christine-assuit

I think you found the business version?

Those pants are styled like a classic Indian dance costume which can be beautiful and make sense in the context of a dance, but they just don't seem to translate well to the office.

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 3

Good grief, those are hideous! Oh my word, it looks like the MC Hammer pants!

Nah, I had MC Hammer pants back when I was young and skinny. They were goofy; these are just plain stupid. 

I mean, if they had used a fun fabric, maybe they'd be okay.  If they had styled them with any whimsy whatsoever, maybe they'd be okay.  But this "earnest hipster twee" vibe is just ... no. 

• Like 2

The most recent season of Project Runway (guilty pleasure) featured a designer that the judges just constantly fawned over and all of his designs were like that. Just layers of weirdly cut, ugly, boxy, unflattering clothes. They used the word “silhouette†every time they complemented him.

Fashun.

I haven't seen too many dressy versions of this style but see them all the time in dance studios.  Like this  https://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/US/product/queen-of-the-jungle-harem-capri-pants-z1b00563?color=Thunderin%20Gray

I had several pairs of harem pants in the late 80's when they last made an appearance on western fashion runways....  

Thank you. They will now be following me all around the internet, just like those ugly shoes a few months back. One wonders if retailers put the most butt-ugliest piece of "whatever" on their website, wait for people to post it all over the place as such, and then watch traffic flood to their site and enjoy increased sales on the rest of their products.

Edited by whitestavern
  • Like 6

What I think it looks like is: when you were a kid, did you ever do that thing where you put a shirt on as pants, with your legs in the sleeves? To be funny? We did that...this is like a business suit jacket that someone has gone and put on like pants.

• Like 6

Showed my family. They’ve decided these are what you wear to the White House so nobody knows where to grab. 😂

Personal protection through confusion...

• Like 3

The most recent season of Project Runway (guilty pleasure) featured a designer that the judges just constantly fawned over and all of his designs were like that. Just layers of weirdly cut, ugly, boxy, unflattering clothes. They used the word “silhouette†every time they complemented him.

Fashun.

Yes, I instantly thought of him and wondered if these were his....

What I think it looks like is: when you were a kid, did you ever do that thing where you put a shirt on as pants, with your legs in the sleeves? To be funny? We did that...this is like a business suit jacket that someone has gone and put on like pants.

...and on Project Runway, the designers even highlight when they design something like that, on purpose, to break the mold, develop a "new sillouhette", etc. The judges LOVED it this last season. 

You're right!!!!!

• Like 2

i saw those online- and I thought they had to be a joke!!!

Nobody could function in those pants!!

The harem pants that someone posted - they are not my style but I can totally see the appeal. 

These pants??  No appeal whatsoever.

Thank you. They will now be following me all around the internet, just like those ugly shoes a few months back. One wonders if retailers put the most butt-ugliest piece of "whatever" on their website, wait for people to post it all over the place as such, and then watch traffic flood to their site and enjoy increased sales on the rest of their products.

I know. I don't mind all the airline and travel stuff that follows me around- even though most is way out of my price range but at least cool pictures. The ugly and weird I look at here interesting and made me laugh and laugh along with a lot of posts (but out of likes for today) but there will be a price to pay.

That site is amazing. It’s like the people who designed the clothes only had a vague idea about what a human body looks like. And the clothes are not cheap!

https://www.buykud.com/collections/2018-january-new/products/women-loose-casual-shoulder-sleeve-black-lacing-dress?lshst=collection

My favorite:

https://www.buykud.com/collections/2018-january-new/products/retro-floral-printing-women-loose-green-lantern-skirt?lshst=collection

They make it easy by mostly selling one size. I was wondering if how you tell if the clothing fit right.

That's the first time I've seen that style, except for maybe a clown.  If it becomes popular I will definitely pass.  It must be for the really avant-garde.  It does provide ample storage though.  You could put some binders in there or a stack of books, or your lunch, or two lunches, a laptop and an extra sweater, as long as you don't walk at all.  Walking would be a problem.

• Like 3