Menu

Anyone with pet bunny experience?

PeacefulChaos

We are having some SERIOUS SHEDDING here.  :svengo:

I can handle shedding, I really can.... but now it's starting to feel like maybe it isn't normal??

The rundown:

Holland Lop Male, neutered, will be a year old the end of January

Has been shedding A LOT since the beginning of November!!

So, is this normal?  Any tips?  Any way to make it lessen or anything?  I'm beginning to think there's no end in sight!!!  :P

Does it make a difference whether he's inside or outside?  

He's inside, if it does.  

But to answer your question, outside temps were nice through November, then we've had an unusually chilly winter (for us) since December.  The start of the year had a lot of single digit to twenty degree days, which for us is pretty rare.  

Inside I keep the thermostat at 68*, so I guess it's between 65-70 in here usually.

We have a 10.5 pound lop that we got last fall.  Oh. My. Goodness.  When we adopted her, we noticed she shed.  It was a normal amount of shedding, not bad at all (relatively speaking; we are used to shedding because of our American Eskimo dog).  In December, she started an insane molt.  It started on her head and moved down her back.  The amount of fur was unbelievable.  I ended up googling, and they can do this four times a year, with it being really bad twice a year.

She's almost done, thankfully.  She's got a bit near her bottom she needs to get rid of. 

• Like 2