Menu

Kindle Oasis

MeaganS

Let me start by saying this isn't a debate over whether I need a kindle at all. I do. I've had one for years, use it daily, and just lost mine a few weeks ago.

That said, I had a Voyage since right after it came out. I'm wondering if any of you have an Oasis and think it is worth the upgrade from Voyage (I'm definitely getting at least the Voyage. Gotta have those page turning buttons.) I like that it's waterproof, but I'm a little concerned about the weird shape. I'm not interested in audible integration. I have a smartphone and listen to audible there. So I'd be in it for superior ergonomics, better screen, and waterproofing. But I'm also just wondering if any of you have one and what you'd say about it.

• Like 1

I have an Oasis but I have only used it for a few days so can’t really review it. The experimental browser is slow though and I have a kindle fire HD but no Voyage to compare with.

ETA:

I do find it easy to use with either hand holding the thicker border side.

Edited by Arcadia

I have the Voyage, but I'm kind of wishing I got the Oasis instead. I would like an actual button to turn the page, plus the shape would probably make it easier for me to hold. I had an ebook reader years ago, before Amazon was selling them, and it was fatter on one side like the Oasis. It really was comfortable to hold even though it was a heck of a lot larger and heavier than current ebook readers. Also, I've noticed when pressing to make a page turn, I sometimes press too far to the right and end up going back a page instead, so a button would help with that issue.