What's with the ads?

#1 Janie Grace

Janie Grace

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3909 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Everywhere I turn, I hear about the enneagram (friends, podcasts, Instagram, etc)! I've read a bit (not much) and am having a lot of trouble deciding between two types. I suspect I'm one with a strong wing of the other, I just don't know which way around (the two types are 1 and 2). Anyway, I'm curious if anyone here has delved into this and what you think. I know it's not scientific or accepted by mainstream psychology but it seems pretty interesting and insightful. 

#2 onelittlemonkey

onelittlemonkey

I am on a curiosity voyage... DH, Stranger Things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

I just took a test and it said I'm a type 9 or type 5 or 5w4. I think those sound really accurate, tbh. I've never heard of enneagram though, so I need to look into it more.

#3 Tania

Tania

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

I took two tests and they both said type 3w2

#4 sbgrace

sbgrace

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6063 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

I really like enneagram. I like that it allows room for growth and, as you learn more about yourself, you can detect when you're heading toward unhealthy patterns. I feel I've learned about myself and my marriage. My reactions to things that I never really understood make sense to me now. 

I'd just sit with it for a while and learn more. I think that will help you get clearer on which way you lean. You might also look at the integration and disintegration of the two, as they would move differently. I know some 1's and 2's, and they look really different to me, but I suspect they aren't the wings you're considering. 

Edited by sbgrace, 12 January 2018 - 08:23 PM.

#5 PeachyDoodle

PeachyDoodle

you can call me queen bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1587 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

What type indicator did you take? The RHETI is the standard Enneagram test. There is lots of info here: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/.

#6 Word Nerd

Word Nerd

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11964 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

I did it years ago and don’t remember what I was. It didn’t seem as spot on as other inventories I’ve taken like the MBTI.

I just took an online one and got 5w4. Seems like a good fit.

Edited by Word Nerd, 13 January 2018 - 12:07 AM.

#7 chocolatechip

chocolatechip

Hi there.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

I love the Enneagram. I’ve never felt things like Myers-Briggs fit me well, but Enneagram does. I am tritype 6-2-1, and it’s amazingly accurate.

#8 Selkie

Selkie

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2631 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

I took it a few years ago and thought it was very accurate. I'm a type 6w5.