Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Morning work appointment
  • Trying to get home to beat the plumber to the house
  • Have fun with plumbing issues    :)
  • Celebrate when aforementioned issues are resolved (having an optimistic moment)
  • Run water down the sink and dance in the kitchen
  • Doggie walk
  • Dinner prep
  • Reports

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 7

Good morning and happy Friday!  I have to take DS16 to a travel baseball tournament in Ft. Myers, FL this weekend.  I have so much to do to get us ready and stuff ready for DH and DS13 who are staying behind.  Most of it revolves around laundry and remaining Whole30 compliant while on the road (and keeping DH compliant while I'm out of town).

-coffee

-DS16 to school

-school with DS13

-laundry (including filthy, dirty baseball pants)  DONE:  7

-pack for weekend

-come up with meal options

-grocery store

-prepare Whole30 lunches for the weekend (that DH/DS13 will actually eat, and that I can take on the the road)

-convince DS16 that yes, he should go to English help session considering he just got a 50 on his last assignment, and that yes, this is more important than making batting practice this afternoon

-get car gassed up and washed

-leave

See you all on Tuesday!

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

•Our business meeting with our lawyer got rescheduled.  :thumbup1: I'm glad I don't have to make the trek into town this morning on these icy roads.

•I have a farrier appt. this afternoon, but texted him to see if he wants to reschedule for a warmer day. Waiting to hear back.

•school

•office work (didn't get any done yesterday, so need to catch up)

•clean living room

•make menu plan and shopping list

•maybe run to the bank and grocery store later this afternoon if roads are okay

•dinner: either takeout or homemade pizza

•watch hockey tonight

•read and relax

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Good morning everyone! I am going to update in a while but the kids are begging me to make them a nice breakfast. I accepted a job at a small CPA firm to start next week (through April 15). Thank you to those on here who encouraged me through the process. It turned out to be not as drawn out a process as I imagined. Whew. Now for a good job for DH, because this helps, but I can’t keep us afloat for long.

Edited by SamanthaCarter
  • Like 10

Good morning!

The rain is beginning to freeze here and everything is cancelled. Ice and snow predicted. Dh is working from home and Ds' tutorial is not happening.

school as usual
call mom
house cleaning
pay bills/update budget

dinner -teriyaki salmon, green beans, rice pilaf

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

mom31257 - don't know what part of TN you are heading to but my part is slick with ice and still sleeting.  Be safe traveling.

My goal today is stay inside  :thumbup:   Everything is covered in ice and sleet still coming down. 

School will probably not happen.  All schools are closed which means the neighborhood kids coming over.

Will either start a cleaning project or snuggle under a blanket and read all day. Guess what I  WANT to do  :w00t:

• Like 7

Good morning everyone! I am going to update in a while but the kids are begging me to make them a nice breakfast. I accepted a job at a small CPA firm to start next week (through April 15). Thank you to those on here who encouraged me through the process. It turned out to be not as drawn out a process as I imagined. Whew. Now for a good job for DH, because this helps, but I can’t keep us afloat for long.

Congratulations, Samantha! :hurray:

• Like 5

It was icey and snowing for us yesterday.

When hubby left for work, before sunrise, there was still ice in a lot of areas. So he took the car. Its single digit temp with subzero windchill. Not taking my little one out in that. Unless I have no choice.

Usually Friday is grocery shopping time but will order pizza for dinner and go shopping after hubby comes home. He usually does bedtime.

Walmart tomorrow

No story time at library for us today.

DD5 doing arts and crafts while listening to audio books. Also lots of free play.

Board games

Plus some school stuff

Vacuum

• Like 5

My parents where going to come up today. My parents only come visit about once a year, even though I only live about 90 minutes away.

I wanted to reteach my boys how to skate, and my mom who loves thrift storing bought them skates for 10 dollars each. But now they aren’t coming cause it might have freezing rain later today.

So no visit, and no skating. At least they told me about not coming before I cleaned the house, cause I’m feeling lazy.

But now I’m feeling bummed out.

• Like 4

Did y'all get heavy rain too. We got heavy rain for a long time then temperature started dropping and we now have a sheet of ice and sleet falling.

Our rain has been lighter and the snow started, then stopped. nothing coming down now. Still a thin sheet of ice on everything. Total of two cars down my street this morning so far. 

It may not be frozen yet down past Chattanooga, closer to Atlanta. 

• Like 3

Congrats!!!

I am sending good thoughts for your dh.  

• Like 3

Good morning! I have been out and about already today. Our little pc gave up the ghost last night, so I went out and bought a chromebook (almost bought it yesterday...but decided to wait- at least my research wasn't wasted). dd2 had morning practice, but no school today-except for hs swim meeting at lunch, hs practice later, and club practice after that. Not much of a day off in my opinion. She has a meet all day tomorrow (non-important-but huge numbers wise- so really ALL day) and hopefully will get to relax a little after that. The boys still have school work.

To do:

clean kitchen

daily chores

laundry (started)

bathroom? maybe tomorrow

pay bills

annoying phone calls

ds3 to tennis

dd2 to club practice/ds2 to aikido

Home

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good afternoon. Today is a rather lazy day due to dd1 having a snow day

- coffee!!!!

- dishes- in dishwasher

- tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- tidy living room- round 1 done

- have girls clean their room- done

- go through girls clothes- done

- find assignment tracker to fit my target mini binder planner- ugghhhh can someone please teach me how to make my own?!?!?

- read/notes for history

- crochet- did a row

- tidy master bedroom- hahaha no

- laundry- not enough for a load

- fold/put away laundry- see above

- dinner- done

- baths/showers- not needed

- bedtime routine- I swear if these girls don’t go to sleep I’m gonna loose it (I’m tired)

- anything else I get done- have one of dd1’s friends over with her mom and sister due to a power outage at their house they are going to eat with us and doing their laundry, gave Maggie (cat) a bath (I do this to check for fleas because she has long fur)

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 5

Some budget/bills done, but not all. I need uninterrupted time at my desk and that is not happening today.

School is tedious today. My kids' brains are not working well. Re-doing work they should already know. Ds is doing better this afternoon than he did in the morning - very odd.

DW is running.

Salmon is in marinade. Rice is cooked.

Next up:

History with Ds.

Grammar and math with Dd.

Kitchen and hall swept

Chocolate chip cookies baked! :D

It is really snowing here now. :001_smile:

Next up:

shower. ✅

call mom ✅

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Diffusion in agar lab in progress

Osmotic pressure lab in progress

Diffusion of dye lab didn't work but it was a bit of a stupid lab anyway.

Trying to figure out how to do Diffusion lab with dialysis membrane.  I can't do the lab as printed in the lab manual because I didn't read the instructions well enough last week when I was ordering materials and so I don't have all  of the right stuff.   But I can do a different lab with materials I have to demonstrate the same principle. . .  

• Like 3

Congratulations! That was fast.

• Like 2

I spent most of day away from home. Would like to sleep now, lol, but have a meeting tonight and a hike tomorrow, weather permitting.

Get hiking stuff (packs, poles, clothing, food) organized. Try to figure out if it will be close to 60 degrees, as it is today, or drop 40 degrees.

Dinner is apricot-mustard glazed salmon, polenta and fennel with Parmesan.

Decluttering today will be some perfectly good cookie sheets to Goodwill, because I ordered more of my favorite ones. It is so much easier to use the same type consistently, so I know the exact timing for each type of cookie in my oven.

• Like 3

Weird day today.

• Went to bed maybe 1:30am?
  • Woke at 7 and told the kids to wake for school.
  • Checked my texts.  Yep, snow day.  Told kids to stay in bed.  Went back to bed.
  • Boss called me and said she needed something immediately via email.  It was about 10:30.  Got up, emailed, went back to bed.
  • Banging on my bedroom door.  It's the maids.  WTH?  It's 1:30pm and I've slept practically all day.  Got up and made myself presentable.
  • Did some cleaning so the maids could do their work.  Gave directions and all that.
  • Got some "work work" done.
  • Canceled all our evening stuff.  Roads are all ice.
  • Cooked dinner for a change.
  • Back to work.
  • Blabbed with my sister for an hour.  Made weekend plans.
  • Finally got a chance to catch up with WTM.  It's 10:30 pm here.
  • Need to put the kids to bed.
  • I think I will go to bed on time tonight and try to get over the jetlag.  We'll see.
  • Like 2