Menu

Mayo without sugar?

amo_mea_filiis.

Just Mayo by Hampton Farms has no sugar.

Actually it lists sugar as an ingredient but it must be very small amount because the nutrition info is 0g sugars per serving. 

https://justforall.com/en-us/products/consumer/mayo/mayo

Vegenaise has brown rice syrup as the ingredient and again 0g sugar per serving. 

https://followyourheart.com/products/original-3/

And both have 0 cholesterol! :)

• Like 1

Actually it lists sugar as an ingredient but it must be very small amount because the nutrition info is 0g sugars per serving.

https://justforall.com/en-us/products/consumer/mayo/mayo

Vegenaise has brown rice syrup as the ingredient and again 0g sugar per serving.

https://followyourheart.com/products/original-3/

And both have 0 cholesterol! :)

Oh yes, I was looking at the per serving, not the ingredients.

I’ve made it at home and wasn’t thrilled. Is there a mayonnaise without sugar or fake sugars?

If you can't find Dukes, you might try making homemade again. Different oil, different vinegar, different spices all change the taste pretty dramatically.

The only reason we don't make it more at my house is because it's so amazing that I would be eating it plain. With a spoon.

• Like 1

I 've made mayo with these ingreds (no sugar):

1 whole egg

1 egg yolk

1-2 T apple cider vinegar

1 T mustard

1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed

1 cup of oil

Liberal sprinkle of salt, pepper and turmeric, sometimes dried herbs like sage, rosemary

It's my own brand...fortunately we like it.

• Like 1

I can’t afford good oil, so I tried it with Walmart brand light tasting olive oil. Dd liked it, but I didn’t like the oily aftertaste or feeling.

I’m sure I can get Duke’s on Amazon. I’ll try that. :)

Mayo is minimal in sugar for me, but it brings up a kid battle. Dd loves her condiments, and we’ve been getting the healthier versions, which take some time to get used to. When she’s in a mood, she likes to point out that the mayo I use in tuna 3x a week has sugar. So since she’s not wrong, I need to find something tolerable.

• Like 1

I have been making my own mayo for almost 40 years. I never add sugar. All may except mine tastes funny. :-)

1 egg

1ish tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice (I use Bragg's ACV, but I have used red wine vinegar)

1 cup oil (I use extra light olive oil)

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp dry mustard

*1/4ish tsp nutritional yeast (I like the flavor, but it's completely optional)

Put egg, vinegar, seasonings and 1/4 c oil in the bowl of a food processor and process for a minute. Add remaining oil in a continuing stream while the food processor runs. Process for a minute. Voila. Tasty mayo with no sugar. Scoop it out and store in the fridge.

You can double this recipe.

You can do this in a food processor, or if you're really determined you can make it by hand. :-) I use a food processor because it's easy to scrape out the mayo.

The kind of oil and the kind of vinegar you use will change the flavor. So will the kind of salt.

I can’t afford good oil, so I tried it with Walmart brand light tasting olive oil. Dd liked it, but I didn’t like the oily aftertaste or feeling.

I’m sure I can get Duke’s on Amazon. I’ll try that. :)

Mayo is minimal in sugar for me, but it brings up a kid battle. Dd loves her condiments, and we’ve been getting the healthier versions, which take some time to get used to. When she’s in a mood, she likes to point out that the mayo I use in tuna 3x a week has sugar. So since she’s not wrong, I need to find something tolerable.

I also cannot afford good oil. I have been using safflower oil, and I usually use about 1/4 canola.

One thing I learned recently while searching the internet for mayo recipes.   Your food processor probably already has a hole that will drizzle the oil in.  Look at the stick-thing that you use to push stuff into the processor.   It probably has a little hole in the bottom.  So, you put everything but the oil in the middle.   Put the stick-thing in and add the oil to the inside of the stick-thing.   When it starts to drizzle the oil for you, start the food processor.  

I’ve made it at home and wasn’t thrilled. Is there a mayonnaise without sugar or fake sugars?

Trader Joe's mayo has no sugar as an ingredient. I've also found that I hate my homemade mayo when it's made with olive oil. I use safflower or just plain old canola - much more neutral taste. I use a stick blender in a wide-mouth mason jar.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 3