Menu

Gripping sock/foot things for planks?

Renthead Mommy

I do kickboxing and we tend to do planks and push ups during warm ups.  I can't hold my planks as long as we are supposed to not because I am unable, but because my feet start to slide out from under me.  I can hold them fine home on a carpet or a yoga mat, but the KB mats are different from yoga mats. 

I was looking for either a grippy sock or a band that goes over the ball of my foot that will help me hold in position with out my feet sliding out from under me.  I tried yoga socks, but they didn't really work, they are for a textured yoga mat.  Plus I have not found ones with enough grip in the areas I need - top of the ball of my foot and on my toes. 

What have you found to work?

Are you in bare feet for kickboxing, or do you wear some kind of shoe? What is the floor like? I'm confused about why you'd want to have socks for a warm-up. If you're putting something on your feet anyway, why not simply slip on a pair of runners. Then you get grip and some support for your toes.

Are you in bare feet for kickboxing, or do you wear some kind of shoe? What is the floor like? I'm confused about why you'd want to have socks for a warm-up. If you're putting something on your feet anyway, why not simply slip on a pair of runners. Then you get grip and some support for your toes.

You do KB barefoot.  The whole floor is a thick mat.  You can't wear shoes on the mat.  I don't want socks for the warm up.  I just can't hold my planks and push ups without my feet sliding out from under me before I'm done.  I need something so that my toes/ball of feet are not so slippery. 

You do KB barefoot. The whole floor is a thick mat. You can't wear shoes on the mat. I don't want socks for the warm up. I just can't hold my planks and push ups without my feet sliding out from under me before I'm done. I need something so that my toes/ball of feet are not so slippery.

I have done kickboxing and know where you are coming from. I pushed through and it did get much easier when I found that perfect spot. I cannot explained it beyond that it is different than on carpet or other flooring. Maybe is was related to my strength and I got strong enough to hold the plank on the mats. No special footware needed.

I have done kickboxing and know where you are coming from. I pushed through and it did get much easier when I found that perfect spot. I cannot explained it beyond that it is different than on carpet or other flooring. Maybe is was related to my strength and I got strong enough to hold the plank on the mats. No special footware needed.

I hope so because my planking is much more impressive at home on carpet! LOL!   

This is exactly what I need!  These are perfect.  Just ordered two pair.  These should would great.  Thank you!