What's with the ads?

#1 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

QX80? Did you like it? Pros/cons? Or did you consider one and pick something else, and if so why? 

#2 kitten18

kitten18

Empress of Brain Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

I don’t have the big one. I have the QX60 (actually Jx35, 2013,they changed the name after a couple years but it’s the same car). I just wanted to say that I love my Infiniti. We’re thinking about having dd drive it in a couple years when she turns 16 and I would get a new car. The only problem is I think I would get the same thing. I’ve ridden in the equivalent Acura and Lexus and I didn't like them at all.

Edited by kitten18, 12 January 2018 - 03:18 PM.

• Miss Marple and texasmom33 like this

#3 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

I don’t have the big one. I have the q60 (actually Jx35, 2013,they changed the name after a couple years but it’s the same car). I just wanted to say that I love my Infiniti. We’re thinking about having dd drive it in a couple years when she turns 16 and I would get a new car. The only problem is I think I would get the same thing. I’ve ridden in the equivalent Acura and Lexus and I didn't like them at all.

How has your reliability been? We had a G35 and an Mwhatever around 10 years ago, but we flip in and out of cars so I didn’t have a chance to see long term reliability. Now I’m looking for something I can keep for a bit. My 2 year old Suburban is sitting in the shop with a laundry list of issues and I’m irritated and want something more reliable!

#4 kitten18

kitten18

Empress of Brain Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

How has your reliability been? We had a G35 and an Mwhatever around 10 years ago, but we flip in and out of cars so I didn’t have a chance to see long term reliability. Now I’m looking for something I can keep for a bit. My 2 year old Suburban is sitting in the shop with a laundry list of issues and I’m irritated and want something more reliable!

Very good, just routine maintenance.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#5 Danae

Danae

Just Visiting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

We just had one as a rental car over Christmas vacation. It was nice, but big. Very, very, big. It made minivans look like matchbox cars. We called it the Monster Mobile.

It handled very well, though, for such a monstrousity. I was a little sad to turn it in at the airport, but mostly I'm happy to be back in my Prius. Eight dollars rather than sixty for a tank of gas is nice too.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#6 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

We only drive big cars, so that's not an issue! The biggest change on the gas would be the requirement to use Premium.....I'm looking at the Armada's too, but they don't seem to ride quite as nicely. I can't tell if it's in my head, or if the Infiniti really has a better ride, but it did seem to handle different and have a different steering response. I'm so confused. 

#7 kitten18

kitten18

Empress of Brain Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

We only drive big cars, so that's not an issue! The biggest change on the gas would be the requirement to use Premium.....I'm looking at the Armada's too, but they don't seem to ride quite as nicely. I can't tell if it's in my head, or if the Infiniti really has a better ride, but it did seem to handle different and have a different steering response. I'm so confused.

I was looking at the Pathfinder before getting my car. I’m happy with what I got, I definitely think it rides better. What I really like is the safety features (the 360 cameras and sensors, blind spot warning, front impact warning, etc), it’s the main reason we’re thinking of having DD drive it.

ETA - we bought it used (18 months old) and so we were able to get the Infiniti fully loaded for a little less than a new Pathfinder.

Edited by kitten18, 11 January 2018 - 03:16 PM.

• texasmom33 likes this

#8 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

I was looking at the Pathfinder before getting my car. I’m happy with what I got, I definitely think it rides better. What I really like is the safety features (the 360 cameras and sensors, blind spot warning, front impact warning, etc), it’s the main reason we’re thinking of having DD drive it.

ETA - we bought it used (18 months old) and so we were able to get the Infiniti fully loaded for a little less than a new Pathfinder.

This is where I'm at. I can get a one year old QX80, a one year old Platinum Armada, a new Armada LV, or a one year old Suburban exactly like the one I have........all within $1k of each other on price! It's so confusing!!!! I'm leaning towards the Infiniti. But I keep second guessing myself. 

• kitten18 likes this

#9 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3772 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

Go for the nicer Infiniti or you will always wonder what if?. (see? I'm no help.)

Edited by Paradox5, 11 January 2018 - 11:47 PM.

• kitten18 and texasmom33 like this

#10 emmaluv+2more

emmaluv+2more

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

I have an Infiniti QX60 and it has been very reliable. I have had it for 2 years now and only had routine maintenance. The safety features and roomier third row (for this size vehicle) are what sold me on the Infiniti. I'm happy with it for the most part. I drove a Suburban prior to the Infiniti.

I looked at the Armada as well, but had read not so great things, though I can't remember what anymore.
  • kitten18 and texasmom33 like this

#11 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

Go for the nicer Infiniti or you will always wonder what if?. (see? I'm no help.)

LOL! That’s where I’m leaning too!
  • Paradox5 likes this

#12 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 AM

I have an Infiniti QX60 and it has been very reliable. I have had it for 2 years now and only had routine maintenance. The safety features and roomier third row (for this size vehicle) are what sold me on the Infiniti. I'm happy with it for the most part. I drove a Suburban prior to the Infiniti.

I looked at the Armada as well, but had read not so great things, though I can't remember what anymore.

Have you missed the extra room from the Suburban in the cargo area?

#13 Miss Marple

Miss Marple

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6597 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

Following this with interest because I'm passing my Infiniti EX35 to my son as he heads to Houston to work.  I'm going to get something else...just not sure what.  I love, love the QX60 but it will be bigger than I really need, except when hauling the grands around.  So...while on vacation we rented/drove a QX80 and absolutely loved it.  We've also rented the new suburban (twice, actually).  Both are really nice, but the Infiniti feels more solid.  The back seat of the Infiniti gets the "best" vote by my sons and 80 year old father.  

DH loves the Infiniti brand because it never needs the timing belt replaced because it is a "chain" driven motor (that's the lingo he uses lol).  He does all the maintenance on the EX35 except when it comes to weird diagnostics.  We bought my 2008 EX35 used with 50,000.  It now has 100,000 and hasn't given us any trouble.

So I've driven the QX60, Acura MDX/RDX, Volvo XC60 & 90, BMW X5, Audi Q5.  My favorites are the QX60 and Audi.  DH says the Infiniti wins due to reliability (and maintenance cost) post-warranty period.  The Acura was fine, but oh, so, boring.  While I don't need anything that big for myself, it would be nice to have for trips and to haul "stuff" if needed.  I love my EX35 and will be sad to pass it on.

• texasmom33 likes this

#14 kitten18

kitten18

Empress of Brain Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Following this with interest because I'm passing my Infiniti EX35 to my son as he heads to Houston to work. I'm going to get something else...just not sure what. I love, love the QX60 but it will be bigger than I really need, except when hauling the grands around. So...while on vacation we rented/drove a QX80 and absolutely loved it. We've also rented the new suburban (twice, actually). Both are really nice, but the Infiniti feels more solid. The back seat of the Infiniti gets the "best" vote by my sons and 80 year old father.

DH loves the Infiniti brand because it never needs the timing belt replaced because it is a "chain" driven motor (that's the lingo he uses lol). He does all the maintenance on the EX35 except when it comes to weird diagnostics. We bought my 2008 EX35 used with 50,000. It now has 100,000 and hasn't given us any trouble.

So I've driven the QX60, Acura MDX/RDX, Volvo XC60 & 90, BMW X5, Audi Q5. My favorites are the QX60 and Audi. DH says the Infiniti wins due to reliability (and maintenance cost) post-warranty period. The Acura was fine, but oh, so, boring. While I don't need anything that big for myself, it would be nice to have for trips and to haul "stuff" if needed. I love my EX35 and will be sad to pass it on.

My SIL has an MDX and I thought it felt really stiff. In the handling and also as a passenger.
I know a lot people with the Audi Q5 but I really think I want to stay away from a German engine.

There’s a new QX50 coming out for 2019 that looks a lot like the QX60 just a little smaller (2 rows).
  • Miss Marple likes this

#15 emmaluv+2more

emmaluv+2more

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Have you missed the extra room from the Suburban in the cargo area?

Yes, very much. The extra space all around is the only thing I miss about my Suburban. I make do, but it was definitely an adjustment.
  • texasmom33 likes this

#16 Paradox5

Paradox5

The Ordinary Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3772 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

So what did you decide?

• texasmom33 likes this

#17 texasmom33

texasmom33

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

So what did you decide?

I picked the QX80 and got one this afternoon (after spending all of Friday working deals over the phone)!!! :party:

Of course, the one I bought dh saw last night and it was a snap of a deal, so all my negotiations were for naught, but who cares when it works out, right?!? It was one of the smoothest dealer transations I've had in recent memory. 

We just got home with it and I'm soooo excited. I wish it wasn't dark outside so I could sit out there and stare at it.  :blush:

It's used (2016), but it's fully loaded and I think we got a really good deal. It's black with the light tan interior, has all the bells and whistles and the 22" rims. I couldn't get a base 2017 for what we paid for it. Yay for used cars! Thanks for letting me share my excitement here! :)

For anyone who's considering an Infiniti, they are majorly dealing on the new (leftover) 2017s (13,500+ off MSRP and that was initial offer without haggling- at least on QX80) . But when dh found this one used online at a non-Infiniti dealer,  he told me we had to go see it, and I'm so glad I did. I'll admit I was skeptical. I figured it would be stinky, or stained, or something......but it was pristine and it still has the majority of the warranty.  One owner, and whoever owned it didn't drive it much.  There's no way I could've gotten anywhere near these features new. But it's super low miles, still under warranty and we might buy an extended. We'll see. 

I'm so glad I posted here as it was nice to hear y'all thoughts and experiences with the brand! 

ETA- And yes, you were right, and you were helpful!!! If I had settled for an Armada I would've definitely always wondered. This car is big pimpin'.  :lol:  I'm so happy I went for it. It's gorgeous. Even my dh is thrilled. It has the wheels he wanted and AC seats. That's the stuff that matters to him, so now everyone is happy. Sorry if I'm being braggy- I'm not meaning to be. I'm just so happy. This is the nicest car I've ever owned. 

Edited by texasmom33, 13 January 2018 - 09:55 PM.

• Miss Marple and kitten18 like this

#18 kitten18

kitten18

Empress of Brain Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

I picked the QX80 and got one this afternoon (after spending all of Friday working deals over the phone)!!! :party:

Of course, the one I bought dh saw last night and it was a snap of a deal, so all my negotiations were for naught, but who cares when it works out, right?!? It was one of the smoothest dealer transations I've had in recent memory.

We just got home with it and I'm soooo excited. I wish it wasn't dark outside so I could sit out there and stare at it. :blush:

It's used (2016), but it's fully loaded and I think we got a really good deal. It's black with the light tan interior, has all the bells and whistles and the 22" rims. I couldn't get a base 2017 for what we paid for it. Yay for used cars! Thanks for letting me share my excitement here! :)

For anyone who's considering an Infiniti, they are majorly dealing on the new (leftover) 2017s (13,500+ off MSRP and that was initial offer without haggling- at least on QX80) . But when dh found this one used online at a non-Infiniti dealer, he told me we had to go see it, and I'm so glad I did. I'll admit I was skeptical. I figured it would be stinky, or stained, or something......but it was pristine and it still has the majority of the warranty. One owner, and whoever owned it didn't drive it much. There's no way I could've gotten anywhere near these features new. But it's super low miles, still under warranty and we might buy an extended. We'll see.

I'm so glad I posted here as it was nice to hear y'all thoughts and experiences with the brand!

ETA- And yes, you were right, and you were helpful!!! If I had settled for an Armada I would've definitely always wondered. This car is big pimpin'. :lol: I'm so happy I went for it. It's gorgeous. Even my dh is thrilled. It has the wheels he wanted and AC seats. That's the stuff that matters to him, so now everyone is happy. Sorry if I'm being braggy- I'm not meaning to be. I'm just so happy. This is the nicest car I've ever owned.

Awesome!

I had forgotten that AC seats (we live in So Cal) was my must have feature when I was shopping for my car. Love them ❤️
Dh has them in his F150 for several years before that and I was jealous.
  • texasmom33 likes this