Menu

YES! You can skip lessons/accelerate VP Self-paced!

alisoncooks

I realize that the online self-paced history lessons include a lot of review (especially in days 3-5 for each lesson).

But is there any way to skip entire lessons? Like do the "teaching" lesson for each card, then skip on to the next card's lesson the next day? I've fiddled around in the teacher dashboard, and I can't find anything.

My kids have really soured on this subject, and I need to find a way to make it work. At this point, we're just looking for a brief overview. (And, darn it, I just bought next year's course at Christmas-- secondary question: has anyone been able to cancel a course before using it to get a refund?)

Edited by alisoncooks

But why would you want to? My kids would be so sad if they were to skip those things. Course they see it as play time during school time... but hey, everyone has different kids.

I would like to see a correlation guide between the Omni self-paced courses [primary and secondary] and the print Omni books. A nice lesson by lesson break down. 

Well, that's what I thought...but my kiddos are very much "get 'er done" students.  So after the 3rd or 4th review/map/song in a lesson....they're beyond done.

Oh dear. Well then try to call and cancel. My dd plowed through entire courses in a month, but she basically just worked 1-2 hours a day at it. She has fond memories of it.

Did you start them with OTAE? Honestly, the levels mature and improve as they go. If you started with OTAE, give them some knitting and get through it, kwim? The later levels will be MUCH better. Even NTGR is going to be on the young end for 9 and 11, but OTAE may feel intolerable.

Adding: Are they doing it together or doing the courses separately? They could make a game of it, trading turns for who has to do stuff. Or eat lunch. Like didn't you have boring things in life and find coping strategies? Plan a Disney trip during the boring parts. Give them Listography or Doodling books.

Edited by PeterPan

So I was able to cancel the upcoming class that was to begin in August. Easy peasy.

Then I mentioned to the CS Rep my wish for skipping lessons/lesson parts, and she informed me this already existed. One can audit the self-paced courses (just shoot CS an email after registering). You must keep track of the lesson you are on (no "launch lesson" button) and this course is ungraded (no grades from VP). But everything is skip-able and unlocked. You can rewatch lessons, go out of order, whatever.

So, hope this helps someone. I know we'll be more likely to finish our current course with this flexibility.

• Like 6