Menu

Flylady support thread for Thursday January 4 (Baby Step #4)...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-4/

This is the beginning of the control journal. So if you are like me and adverse to post it’s, you can just keep track of everything in a journal, 3 ring binder (those always multiply like rabbits in my house!) or some other system that you may have that is working for you.

Need more inspiration?

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 1 - The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. 

Thursday - Errand Day!

Thursday at FlyLady is Errand Day. We use this day to get out and run whatever errands we need to do for the week. Make a list of wherever you need to go and whatever you need to do during the day today and then get to it. This can include:

• Grocery shopping

• Doctor appointments

• Dentist appointments

• School shopping

• Dropping the clothes off at the cleaner

And tons of other things. If it needs to be done outside the house, today is the day to do it. Make a list of these things and check them off as you do them.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Your mission for today is to check and see if you have any leftover Holiday Decorations still on your door and front porch.  If so, take 15 minutes and work on getting them taken down and put away.  

Make sure you don't over do it, set the timer!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): I have thought of something called the 15 minute closet clean. For example, you set a timer for 15 minutes or watch the clock and while those 15 minutes are going you clean your closet. 

If your closet is a real mess, and I mean big big mess, start with one area at a time. Like if you have a toy box in the middle of your closet and a space of each side then you pick out the big stuff of one side and then the next and put it where it goes in your room. The big stuff makes the mess look bigger than it is. Then go to the next biggest stuff and then to the small stuff but do one section at a time. 

If the timer runs out before you finish take a 15 minute break and then go back to what you were doing. When you take your break don't do something you will want to keep doing so you just forget the cleaning and keep doing what you want to do.

Holiday Clean Up mission -  Last day!! You did it! Now take 15 minutes, put your feet up, and go through your Holiday Control Journal. Check to see if there is anything you missed. Make some notes about what worked for you and what didn’t work. Start your gift list for next year. Then keep the Holiday Control Journal in a safe place so you can refer to it when you need it. I keep mine in with my Regular Control Journal. Happy Holidays everyone.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 
Edited by 3 ladybugs

My zone cleaning is done.

Daily:

--Laundry

--Clean laundry room and machines

--Hall bathroom tidy

--Master bath tidy

--Sweep foyer steps and downstairs hall

Dinner is french dip sandwiches and a garden salad.

I'm going to see what I can do. My hip hurts and I don't think I'll be able to do much. DH will help me when he gets home.

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

Today is just messed up with DH at home working and the snow and my desire for making cinnamon rolls. The rolls were good but it took up part of my morning. 

• So I need to figure out dinner for tonight, my youngest is about to revolt having soup all the time. 
  • Zone cleaning for 30 minutes
  • lunch
  • snacks
  • personal time (30 minutes of fun)
  • grade papers
  • 5 minutes of hot spot
  • dry laundry
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize
  • organize Accountable Kids
  • get backing ready on quilt so I can base it tomorrow
Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

Today's list:

- put away all dishes before bed all washed, not away

- lunch: leftovers (chili, cornbread) and/or salad and fried eggs (each can make their own decision)

- dinner: sausage/chickpea soup, unless we end up eating at our friend's house

- personal: Keep going with Hebrew review and make one page more of flash cards; do PT exercises

- school-related: finish typing up term 1 exam and SUBMIT

- work-related: spend 30 minutes on my training

- house: deal with 25 pieces of desk clutter

- thankfulness: that my baby is sleeping and that my public schooled kid and I get to spend time together without time pressure

Emily

Edited by EmilyGF

Today's mission makes me feel rebellious.

No, I won't go on my front porch and take down the decorations. It was 4 F this morning. There shall come a day when it is above freezing.... eventually

Seeing the weather  for much of the country, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by regentrude

Today's mission makes me feel rebellious.

No, I won't go on my front porch and take down the decorations. It was 4 F this morning. There shall come a day when it is above freezing.... eventually

Seeing the weather  for much of the country, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

My neighbors still have theirs up and it's around 30 degrees. I haven't driven by at night though so I don't know if they're still turning them on or not. :)

My neighbors still have theirs up and it's around 30 degrees. I haven't driven by at night though so I don't know if they're still turning them on or not. :)

They may have deliberately chosen to leave everything until epiphany, which is the actual end to Christmas.

Edited by regentrude

Yeah we were gone for Thanksgiving and when we got back we were busy til we were not. So we didn't decorate outside. However if we had, then I would not be going outside in this to take it down! Yikes! If someone asks (which no one would) just say it is still Christmas, because it is till Sunday anyway. 

Well I did 30 minutes in the zone right now and I don't think there is anything more I can do in there short of taking down our wedding frame/matte and fixing the photos in it that have fallen. That is a bigger job then I want to tackle right now though. I guess that says 2 things though, #1, 60 minutes a day in the zone is WAY too much. #2 I guess it is an accomplishment that I am still married and the wedding photo has fallen in the frame. :D I am already past when my parent got a divorce. Yay me! I broke the cycle!!!!

Time to move laundry...

Break up the zone cleaning into manageable chunks throughout the day. I'm lucky in that I have a small house so my zone cleaning list is WAY shorter than Flylady's lists. I'm usually finished zone cleaning in 3 days for big jobs. I try to do 3-4 things a day on big jobs and 1-2 things on smaller jobs. This zone we're currently in is my smallest list so I was finished in two days I think and I could have easily done it all in one day. 

I haven't accomplished anything yet today because my hip hurts. I'm going out to lunch with oldest dd and I hope I can make it. This is our weekly lunch and we both look forward to it every week. I just really don't want to cancel. Then on the way home I'm going to stop at Walmart and see if they have the hat I want in stock. Then I'm coming home, taking more medication, putting on my PJ's, and sitting back down if I can find a comfortable position. I may shirk off all chores today unless DH will help me later tonight. I hate to ask him to do too much because he's at work all day. I want him to have a nice stress free evening. 

• Like 1

3 ladybugs, thank you for doing this!  I'm new to the Flylady routine and will probably be a Flylady lurker.  May I ask questions sometimes even if I don't regularly post my daily plan?  

Thanks also for introducing me to Diane in Denmark.  I like her Scottish accent, her cute clothes, and her lovely home!   Since I'm a big fan of House Hunters International I like being able to follow her around while she does her chores.  (I've never seen a kitchen with drawers for dishes, glassware, etc. instead of overhead cupboards.)  Hopefully I'll learn some new housekeeping tips in addition to just enjoying the chance to tour a Danish home.    

We are fine with whomever wants to join us and for however long they want to join us! So stop on by at any time! 

I love her kitchen too but it is about half the size I would need my kitchen to be. LOL I do love having drawers instead of cabinets down below though. I have one cabinet like that in my kitchen (my kitchen remodel is happening in stages) and I LOVE it. It is so much easier to get to things and I use the WHOLE cabinet better. Can't wait to do the rest of my kitchen like it! 

I love her kitchen too but it is about half the size I would need my kitchen to be. LOL I do love having drawers instead of cabinets down below though. I have one cabinet like that in my kitchen (my kitchen remodel is happening in stages) and I LOVE it. It is so much easier to get to things and I use the WHOLE cabinet better. Can't wait to do the rest of my kitchen like it! 

The man who remodeled our kitchen tried to convince me that all drawers would be the way to go but I wasn't convinced given my family situation.   I was concerned about lower drawers being used as handy built-in stepstools!

• Like 1

The man who remodeled our kitchen tried to convince me that all drawers would be the way to go but I wasn't convinced given my family situation.   I was concerned about lower drawers being used as handy built-in stepstools!

I haven't had that problem at all with them. Don't get me wrong, I foster and we used to have a preschooler here so I was VERY concerned with that since we stored reward candy in the cabinet above, but honestly it hasn't been a problem... yet. Our cabinets are from Ikea so if we need to we can put a tot lock on them if we find we do have a problem but nothing yet. 

I managed to get everything done today despite my hip. I was just super cautious when moving. 

Impressive! You deserve a reward for that! 

Tomorrow is one of my 3 dark days. I never know how it is going to work so I am just mentioning it on here. The day's that I lost my children are never easy and DH and I have just accepted that we are going to have 3 dark days every year now. I am just mentioning it in case someone asks me a question and I am late to respond. Don't take it personally, I just need to do whatever I need to do. Oh and it was my daughter who died 11 years ago tomorrow. She lived for 5 months 5 days. 

Tomorrow is one of my 3 dark days. I never know how it is going to work so I am just mentioning it on here. The day's that I lost my children are never easy and DH and I have just accepted that we are going to have 3 dark days every year now. I am just mentioning it in case someone asks me a question and I am late to respond. Don't take it personally, I just need to do whatever I need to do. Oh and it was my daughter who died 11 years ago tomorrow. She lived for 5 months 5 days. 

I'm so sorry.   :grouphug:

Impressive! You deserve a reward for that! 

:grouphug:  I can't even fathom. Take care of yourself.