Menu

Flylady support thread for Wednesday January 3 (Baby Step #3)

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website, or putting up notes to remind you of things, or keeping up the good work?? I am not sure, just take a breather, keep up the good work, and call it good! ;) http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-3/

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/8ut6ftQ8Bro

https://youtu.be/f9WNYY3vw58

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 1 - The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. 

Wednesday - Anti-procrastination Day!

Each and every Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day for FlyLady. This is a day that we take care of things we’ve been putting off. You can use this day to take care of any procrastinating you’ve done. You can do things like:

• Make doctors appointments

• Finish that report for work

• Work on a project with your child

• Clean the fish tank

You can do whatever you need to take care. This is the day to stop putting things off.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today is the day that you will spend 15 minutes in the entrance way of your home.  Grab all the mail, shoes and jackets and put them away!  I am always so surprised at how much stuff seems to accumulate in that one area!  This is one area that when you tackle it and you are finished that you feel such a huge accomplishment because it is what you see first as you come through the door!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today we are going to go after all those video game discs, music discs, dvds and video tapes.

It is time to gather them all up from wherever they are in the house. Put them back into their cases or wherever their proper home is. I know that they end up on the floor, on top of the tv, the tables and more! While you are doing this if you find things that you just do not love or play with anymore, take them to Mom or Dad and let them know that you are ready to bless someone else with them.

Holiday Clean Up mission - OK – you have put away all the decorations, the tree is down. Remember to put the Holiday Decoration boxes back in the basement, attic, or where ever you store them. Don’t do the SHE thing and leave them sitting by the stairs for the next month LOL.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

I looked on the the Flylady website for the breakdown of Zones for this month and couldn't find it. I only found December and Zone 1 was only the first two days of December. I assumed we'd move on to Zone 2 today but oh well! I'm in great shape!

Zone cleaning - Finished

Daily Cleaning.

--Laundry

--Master Bath Tidy - Putting off until tomorrow due to hip pain

To do.

--Grocery store

--Chiropractor appointment

--Begin cleaning/organizing dd's room - Putting off until tomorrow due to hip pain

--Ds's counseling appointment

--Take ds out to eat after counseling

Dinner is planned. Chicken with orzo pasta.

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

I would like to do: 

• Laundry (jeans)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized (morning)
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in zone)
  • start washing laundry
  • lunch
  • snack 
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in the zone)
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot (today would be bedroom)
  • put laundry in dryer
  • update blog
  • Plan blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day (what to wear)
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • 5 minute room rescue
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • Dictate lesson for ODS
  • Educate YDS
  • Go to eye doctor
  • take out recycling Paid the kids the equivalent of $0.50 each and they did it! Thanks Accountable Kids! (BTW they were going to do it for $0.25 each but I thought they deserved more). 

Meal plan:

Breakfast: Cream of wheat with coffee

Lunch: Change of plans, made Mac and Cheese with top romen. It is surprisingly good mixed even. 

Snack: (realistically) a piece of fudge  Fudge is gone. :( Time to make more divinity! ;)

Dinner: Split pea soup with bread (it is VERY cold outside, soup is the only thing that sounds good). 

Desert (we have this every night) ???

I am off to a good start today and I have yet to have coffee. Getting YDS educated feels like I got a lot done. I also took a 15 minute break of theirs and turned it into zone cleaning. So that was good as well. I think I will move laundry, do another 15 minutes of zone cleaning and if I still have time, read the bible (adult version) that I didn't have time for yesterday. :D Eye appointment is at noon and that will eat an hour of my day but I like the ability to see so it is worth it. 

Oh and word to the wise, yesterday my old foegy (how would you spell foe-gy?) of a husband that drives like a 90 year old man got a speeding ticket in Maryland. We haven't been to Maryland since November. Well I guess they take a photo of you speeding and wait a month to send you the ticket. Hard to believe my husband can even speed! Tells me he was going with the flow of traffic. So be careful if you are driving through Maryland. Not only are the gas prices insane (one time I was driving through the state early in the morning and saw a gas price and thought it was the time!), but so are the speeding fines! 

Edited by 3 ladybugs

I would like to do: 

• Laundry (jeans)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized (morning)
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in zone)
  • start washing laundry
  • lunch
  • snack 
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in the zone)
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot (today would be bedroom)
  • put laundry in dryer
  • update blog
  • Plan blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day (what to wear)
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • 5 minute room rescue
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • Dictate lesson for ODS
  • Educate YDS
  • Go to eye doctor
  • take out recycling DH will do this. It is too cold for me and the kids to do this. 

Meal plan:

Breakfast: Cream of wheat with coffee

Lunch: Sandwich with a piece of fudge

Snack: (realistically) a piece of fudge

Dinner: Split pea soup with bread (it is VERY cold outside, soup is the only thing that sounds good). 

Desert (we have this every night) ???

I am off to a good start today and I have yet to have coffee. Getting YDS educated feels like I got a lot done. I also took a 15 minute break of theirs and turned it into zone cleaning. So that was good as well. I think I will move laundry, do another 15 minutes of zone cleaning and if I still have time, read the bible (adult version) that I didn't have time for yesterday. :D Eye appointment is at noon and that will eat an hour of my day but I like the ability to see so it is worth it. 

Oh and word to the wise, yesterday my old foegy (how would you spell foe-gy?) of a husband that drives like a 90 year old man got a speeding ticket in Maryland. We haven't been to Maryland since November. Well I guess they take a photo of you speeding and wait a month to send you the ticket. Hard to believe my husband can even speed! Tells me he was going with the flow of traffic. So be careful if you are driving through Maryland. Not only are the gas prices insane (one time I was driving through the state early in the morning and saw a gas price and thought it was the time!), but so are the speeding fines! 

Your lists are so long! You must be busy from the moment you get up until the moment you go to bed!

• Like 1

Today marks the second day in a row I have gotten dressed to shoes. I think that may be the hardest part of flylady for me. Morning is the hardest time of the day for me. I always wake up feeling a sort of pressed down feeling....like the day ahead is akin to mountain climbing. When I finally do get up, I feel the pressure to get the day going, to get school started. I don't want to take the time or energy to get dressed in a way that I would feel good about. Of course, I feel cruddy about my makeup-less self and my messy hair. I know that overall sense of yuckiness drags me down, probably even more than I realize. This is going to be a very difficult pattern to break.

This accountability group is super important to me. I am hoping that making myself check in daily will give me the motivation I need to do the things that are really hard for me. I have tried Flylady several times in the past, and generally after only a week or two I have become convinced that I just couldn't do it. Something about the enforced structure, which I desperately need, causes me anxiety.

• Like 1

Today marks the second day in a row I have gotten dressed to shoes. I think that may be the hardest part of flylady for me. Morning is the hardest time of the day for me. I always wake up feeling a sort of pressed down feeling....like the day ahead is akin to mountain climbing. When I finally do get up, I feel the pressure to get the day going, to get school started. I don't want to take the time or energy to get dressed in a way that I would feel good about. Of course, I feel cruddy about my makeup-less self and my messy hair. I know that overall sense of yuckiness drags me down, probably even more than I realize. This is going to be a very difficult pattern to break.

This accountability group is super important to me. I am hoping that making myself check in daily will give me the motivation I need to do the things that are really hard for me. I have tried Flylady several times in the past, and generally after only a week or two I have become convinced that I just couldn't do it. Something about the enforced structure, which I desperately need, causes me anxiety.

So for the two days you've gotten dressed to shoes, has your day started off better? Do you feel you have a more productive morning? 

So for the two days you've gotten dressed to shoes, has your day started off better? Do you feel you have a more productive morning?

I am not sure that it has started off better, but I have felt better about myself. I haven't had any of that little bit of dread that something may come up that I need to leave the house quickly for.

I have some pretty significant "thinking" issues to overcome. I have been making considerable effort to believe that I can change...change in several areas that direly need it.

I have been making progress in the house for the last few weeks, and that truly does feel like I have jumped my first hurdle.

I have so many things to improve, but for the first time I am embracing the long haul aspect of the journey. I have always been a sprinter, not a marathoner. I can put out fires as well as anyone. I just can't keep them from starting.

• Like 1

Beth it isn't as bad as it looks. I put EVERYTHING on the list. Some things only take a few minutes and then they are done. Amazing what you can do in 15 minutes or less. ;)

Tammy I am so glad we can help you! I hope things get easier and easier for you! I am not sure you are at the point of wanting to try this, but the last couple of days I have got up a bit earlier then normal. This is helping me a TON. It doesn't sound like it should but it gives me a bit of a breather and makes making breakfast that much easier! 

Well I have done almost everything big that I wanted to do today. I have a few little things, a 5 minute thing here or there to do. Also my nighttime routine. I find that my hardest thing about the routines in the last 6 months or whatever it has been since I started, is when we get another family member. Right now we are a family of 4 but when we get another placement I think I will need a boot camp again. LOL

Does my commentary help with the baby steps? I have pre-wrote 12 of the Baby Steps on my blog and I am liking what I am writing on there better then what I wrote in October on here. So let me know if you like me to copy it over here. :)

Oh and I have decided that I don't need 2 fifteen minute times in the zone everyday. I think I am going to have 30 minutes of hobby time everyday instead. ;) That would be better then cleaning. Though that could be the nearly 2 hours of wiping the walls, baseboards, doors, and banister of this week's zone talking. ((Thud))

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Beth it isn't as bad as it looks. I put EVERYTHING on the list. Some things only take a few minutes and then they are done. Amazing what you can do in 15 minutes or less. ;)

Tammy I am so glad we can help you! I hope things get easier and easier for you! I am not sure you are at the point of wanting to try this, but the last couple of days I have got up a bit earlier then normal. This is helping me a TON. It doesn't sound like it should but it gives me a bit of a breather and makes making breakfast that much easier!

Well I have done almost everything big that I wanted to do today. I have a few little things, a 5 minute thing here or there to do. Also my nighttime routine. I find that my hardest thing about the routines in the last 6 months or whatever it has been since I started, is when we get another family member. Right now we are a family of 4 but when we get another placement I think I will need a boot camp again. LOL

Does my commentary help with the baby steps? I have pre-wrote 12 of the Baby Steps on my blog and I am liking what I am writing on there better then what I wrote in October on here. So let me know if you like me to copy it over here. :)

Oh and I have decided that I don't need 2 fifteen minute times in the zone everyday. I think I am going to have 30 minutes of hobby time everyday instead. ;) That would be better then cleaning. Though that could be the nearly 2 hours of wiping the walls, baseboards, doors, and banister of this week's zone talking. ((Thud))

I do need to get up earlier. I am still recovering from adrenal exhaustion, so I am definitely not jumping out of bed in the morning. 😊 I have two teens who are behind in their schoolwork, so an earlier start has become a necessity. We start back to co-op tomorrow and to regular school on Monday. I have got to have a new plan in place by then.

I am not seeing the link to your blog, but I may have missed it.

I do need to get up earlier. I am still recovering from adrenal exhaustion, so I am definitely not jumping out of bed in the morning. 😊 I have two teens who are behind in their schoolwork, so an earlier start has become a necessity. We start back to co-op tomorrow and to regular school on Monday. I have got to have a new plan in place by then.

I am not seeing the link to your blog, but I may have missed it.

Oh how awful! I am sure the teens are not helping you either! They tend to sleep in if you let them I am sure! 

Sorry, I don't always advertise my blog, I am just doing the same thing on there as I am doing on here so that is why I mentioned it. You can find a link in my signature under "Find out my story here" or you can just go to www.OurUnplannedLife.com I have been blogging for 12 years on there this month so it is huge but it is more or less a family blog. You can find the Flylady baby steps if you click on Flylady.