Menu

Flylady support thread for Monday January 1 (Baby Step #1)...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Today we start our 31 baby steps! Yay!!

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/shine-sink/

Need more inspiration? Here are some people to help you!

https://youtu.be/ztCaANY5aBA

https://youtu.be/_CmN-0rnqKU

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

I have found that this does more than just shining my sink. It motivates me to clean more and more of my kitchen. Clean sink, check… but wait, the stove looks yucky! Oh I will just wipe that a bit too. You do this enough times and you have a sparkling kitchen! :D

If you are doing the Babysteps and want to post a photo to share, please do so. You can also go to Instagram and tag #wtmflylady I will post my sink tonight!

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 1 - The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room. 

Monday - Weekly home blessing - Our mission today is to wipe down cabinets!

Weekly home blessing is spending 10 minutes doing each of these:

• Vacuuming

• Dusting

• quick mop

• polish mirrors and door handles

• purge magazines and catalogs

• change all sheets

• empty trash.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Your mission for today is to shake out your door mats and sweep off your front porch.  Although for some of you that may mean using a shovel if it is snowing where you are!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today we are going to go back into our rooms and look for 10 things that we no longer use, love or play with. Ask Mom or Dad for a bag to place these items in. These are things that are not broken or missing pieces that we can actually take and give to someone else that may not be a fortunate as we are to have these things. This is called Blessing someone else. We all have things that we just seem to have but don't use, love or need. Let's find 10 of these things and take the bag to Mom or Dad for them to put in the car. Remind Mom and Dad to drop these off at a place where they are needed. Remember what I always say: Less stuff to clean and put away means more time to play!

Holiday Clean Up mission - As I told you yesterday, we are focusing on spending 15 minutes each day this week taking down the holiday decorations. Now if your religion is such that this is not what you should be doing this week, then you can do these missions when your holiday time is over.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

And our new year begins. I don't do resolutions. Right this moment, I'm simply thinking of continuing to keep my housework cleaning routines going. I get bored with it after my house is nice and straightened and clean and stop. But the point is to keep going so my house can stay nice. I find that some of my chores barely need doing since I do them so frequently now. Like yesterday when I was supposed to sweep my house. It barely needed it because I had done it on Friday. So I swept up very little but still I know it's clean!

So today's work:

Zone cleaning begins.

--Clean cob webs in foyer

--Wipe down windows by door

--Wipe stairs banisters

--Outside, knock down spider webs from around door

--Sweep porch and steps

Regular daily cleaning.

--Laundry

--Swiffer living room

--My bathroom tidy

Dinner.

--I have a menu plan this week. Tonight is Chicken Cheddar Fajitas. All ingredients were purchased yesterday so I don't even have to run to the store.

Extras

--Work on dd's room a bit. Not going for perfection, just seeing what we can do before she leaves tomorrow.

--Help ds work on his Values worksheets for counseling this coming Wednesday

--Have ds sweep out his room

--Help ds begin to dust his tv and game consoles. This will be a multiple day project.

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

Okay I did my morning chores so I will post the whole day here: I am using my new planner/control journal today! :D

• Bring in trash can (no garbage pick up today)
  • gather items for swim class
  • girls (children) bath (none in the house)
  • Laundry (lights)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • washed and moisturized (morning)
  • breakfast
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in zone)
  • start washing laundry
  • lunch
  • snack Didn't need
  • 2 zone cleaning areas (30 minutes of cleaning in the zone)
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot (today would be bedroom)
  • put laundry in dryer
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • put away laundry
  • prepare for next day (what to wear)
  • shine sink
  • medication
  • 5 minute room rescue
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • lesson plan
  • fix blanket
  • musical cars (single car width driveway, DH has been off for a week so the van is in front and he goes to work before we go to swim class). 

Meal plan:

Breakfast: Cream of wheat with coffee

Lunch: Sandwich with a piece of fudge

Snack: (realistically) a piece of fudge

Dinner: Left over bean and ham soup with left over garlic bread

Desert (we have this every night) Cheesecake left over from Christmas

Edited by 3 ladybugs

Yay for January 1! I always love the new year!

I am starting the baby steps, so I am going to be shining my sink today. 😊

So far today I have slept in, made my bed, started a load of laundry, tidied the master bathrooms (his and her) and bedroom, and put away dishes.

We are going to supper with my in-laws this evening and then to their home to exchange Christmas gifts, so I have some wrapping to do for that.

It is going to be a great day!

• Like 1

I cleaned my sink. Can't say it shines, but it is clean.

Try using an oil on it. Olive, lemon, I even use Orange Glo on mine after my mother suggested it. That is if it is a stainless steel sink. If not, then I am not sure what you can use. 

3 hours of lesson planning is exhausting. Note to self, NEVER wait to the last minute again! However I almost have 3 weeks done including copying, which for me is extensive. I may have as many as 3 more children following ODS so copying is a MUST. 

To everyone new, WELCOME! I hope you like it here. It sounds like you are all doing well! Congratulations on starting your first step to your clean house! 

My day did not go as planned. 😊

My step mother-in-law was sick, so we postponed our plans with them. I ended up enjoying a long afternoon nap instead of preparing for our get together.

I did get my sink cleaned, but I need to try some type of oil on it to make it shine. I also packed a small box of things to donate to Goodwill. My goal for January is to purge things every day.

I am having overnight company in two weeks, and I have a pile of work to do to get ready.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  I signed up to this site yesterday and started the Baby Steps today.  I have shined my sink and made my bed.  I am not new to FlyLady.  I have been dabbling for over a year and purchased several of her products but I have never made it through the Baby Steps with four tries!  However, now that I have found this wonderful support group I feel like I have a real chance of succeeding.  ♥

• Like 2

Hello everyone!  I signed up to this site yesterday and started the Baby Steps today.  I have shined my sink and made my bed.  I am not new to FlyLady.  I have been dabbling for over a year and purchased several of her products but I have never made it through the Baby Steps with four tries!  However, now that I have found this wonderful support group I feel like I have a real chance of succeeding.  ♥

Welcome! We start new threads everyday so feel free to join them whenever you would like! 

• Like 1

Good for you! Don't worry about catching up. Just start at the beginning. Post whatever you want. I like posting the specific chores I want to get done because coming back to this thread and striking them off makes me feel like I'm accomplishing my goal. :)

• Like 1