Menu

TT CD only? No online option??

scrapper4life

TT doesn't have an online option and it's my understanding that their discs are not designed to work with external disc drives.  Found this out when I was computer shopping.  I think it was someone here who posted that info.  There is apparently an updated version in the works, however:  (from their FAQ's)

Will Teaching Textbooksâ„¢ ever run on a tablet or on a computer without a CD Drive?

A. Yes, a 3.0 version of our math products that will run on all major platforms, including mobile, is currently in development; we will be announcing a release date soon. TT will also provide owners of our existing products with attractive upgrade options.

TT *does* have an online option now, but you need to email them to get the information. It's still in testing, so it's not on their website yet. My youngest has been using it this year, and it works beautifully on his Chromebook. Since we spend a significant portion of the year on our sailboat, I needed something that would work online.

• Like 3

TT *does* have an online option now, but you need to email them to get the information. It's still in testing, so it's not on their website yet. My youngest has been using it this year, and it works beautifully on his Chromebook. Since we spend a significant portion of the year on our sailboat, I needed something that would work online.

That's interesting because I did contact TT and they told me that there was no news on when it would be available and did not offer any option to use the test version Edited by scrapper4life

That's interesting because I did contact TT and they told me that there was no news on when it would be available and did not offer any option to use the test version

Really? When was this? If you haven't contacted them recently and you're still interested, you should email them again. I was a previous customer, so maybe that's why they extended the offer to test it. They recently started billing those of us using the online version, so I think they're close to releasing it publicly. 

Really? When was this? If you haven't contacted them recently and you're still interested, you should email them again. I was a previous customer, so maybe that's why they extended the offer to test it. They recently started billing those of us using the online version, so I think they're close to releasing it publicly. 

How much is it a month

It was since Christmas....so very recently :)

How much is it a month

It's a 10 month subscription.

Right now, it's $39.90 for grades 3-5, $49.90 for grades 6-7, and $59.90 for pre-algebra through pre-calc. That's the price for the whole 10 month subscription, so it's way cheaper than the CDs. I'd already bought the CDs for Math 3-5, and algebra 1 through pre-calc, but we can't use them on our Chromebooks during the 5 months of the year we're on our boat, so an online only option is perfect.

Edited by ghostwheel
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...