Menu

GI bug... ugh and whine

medawyn

We’ve been avoiding public places because a GI bug is going around, but of course 3yo DD throws up at bedtime tonight, and it hits me an hour later. I have no hope that the 19 mo and the 4.5 yo are going to avoid this, and after nursing us, DH will probably go down, too.

I’m 34 weeks pregnant and have Gestational Diabetes to manage. My mother is supposed to fly in for a three day visit tomorrow, and my ILs are supposed to be here Friday.

Not the kind of memorable holiday I was hoping for.

I’m sorry. Feel better. And use chlorine bleach solution or wipes with benzalkonium chloride to wipe all surfaces you touch. Also have everyone keep treating their fingers with the wipes. This may help keep everyone else from getting it. Norovirus lives on surfaces for around a week and alcohol doesn’t kill it.

I'd cancel the family visits for the next couple weeks. Save their visits for 3 weeks or more after you've fought off this beast. If your folks get sick now, they might still be sick (or weakened) by the time you have your baby and really want visits and help. 

I hate, hate, hate stomach bugs. We had to cancel a long awaited family visit over Thanksgiving due to a stomach bug. It's just not worth the risk IMHO.