Dear Pacific Northwestern Well-Trained Mind Peeps,
- January 30 Town Hall Seattle at 7:30 p.m. You can find out more here: https://townhallseat...event-calendar/
- January 31 Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park at 7:00 p.m. You can find out more here: https://www.thirdpla...m/event/2018-01
- February 1 Event in Edmonds Heights 11-2 PM (more info TBA as available--look down-thread)
- Is this location near a bus line? Yes. It is less than half a mile away from a popular bus stop by Juanita Village.
- Will Susan autograph her books, and if so, do we need to buy them at the party, or can we bring our own? Yes, Susan is happy to autograph books, and you can BYO.
- Is there parking nearby? Yes, but the cul-de-sac has no parking, so plan to walk at least half a block, and maybe more.
- Can I bring my children? Yes, but the house is nowhere near child-proof, nor do we have any toys. Old people live here.
- Can male persons attend? Yes. The man of the house would
beg himappreciate it. He has a garage and scotch so he is prepared.
- Can we go swimming in the pool? Not today. It’s not heated through the winter. (It’s better to tell children ahead of time.)
- Will there be wine? Yes.
- Will there be non-alcoholic beverages? Yes.
- Will dietary considerations be made? Yes. There will be some gluten-and-dairy-free snacks. There will be no nuts anywhere.
- Will there be yummy snacks? Yes. The man of the house is in charge of this.
- Will there be dancing? Feel free. BYO tutu.
- May we play the piano? No.
- May I come if I don’t RSVP? Yes, if you can figure out the location, but the hostess will scowl at you in her heart, though her face bears a smile. But don’t worry; all will be forgotten (cf “Old People” in point 4, above).
I look forward to seeing in person some "old friends" and meeting some new ones. If you are in touch with former boardiess, feel free to send them a link to this invite.