Menu

favorite car emergency tools/kit?

cave canem

AAA Plus. For a little more than a basic plan, they will tow up to 100 miles.

I second this. I think mine is called "AAA Plus RV" but you don't need to own an RV to get the plan. It just means you have a longer tow distance available. I keep an emergency blanket, flashlight, first aid kid, and a light/signal thing in the trunk, but nothing compares to the peace of mind that comes with a roadside assistance plan. 

ETA: Oh! The other thing I keep that has been super handy is extra long jumper cables. Say I'm parked facing a wall and my car dies. Someone can just pull up behind me and I can still get a jump. No more pushing. (Yes, this is something AAA would happily do, but it's faster to get a jump off someone right there.) I think mine are 25', and I bought a bag to hold them. 

Edited by Element

Portable jump charger. They are a small battery pack, about the size of a cell phone. Comes with jump cables. You do not need another car to jump start yours. Some of them have a USB port to charge your on one, others also have a regular outlet plug for say a lamp, to use during a power outage.

There are many brands out there, so I am not recommending a particular one.

Costco, Walmart, qvc, Amazon all places my friends have purchased them.

• Like 1

Portable jump charger. They are a small battery pack, about the size of a cell phone. Comes with jump cables. You do not need another car to jump start yours. Some of them have a USB port to charge your on one, others also have a regular outlet plug for say a lamp, to use during a power outage.

There are many brands out there, so I am not recommending a particular one.

Costco, Walmart, qvc, Amazon all places my friends have purchased them.

This