Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Order Pocket Hive from Amazon as it’s free shipping day. We don’t have an Amazon Prime account.

Buy 6 bottles of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider at 3 for $5 at Safeway for Saturday German school’s Christmas party. It is one of the Safeway $5 Friday deals.

Nag kids to finish their work as usual.

• Like 7

Good morning!

-coffee

-let DH deal with getting uber-grouchy DS16 out the door

-school with DS13

-hair appointment at 11

-returns to Bed Bath and Beyond

-order Christmas presents for kids 

-order Christmas cards

-supervise DS13 making roll out sugar cookies (I hate baking and have no idea what I am doing)

-read and try to relax

-deal with DS16 and his mistaken belief that he doesn't need to study for finals

-dinner (no idea what but I do have some chicken tenderloins I need to use)

-laundry, including baseball uniform for DS16 tomorrow

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Good morning!

•school

•grain and bedding delivery? this was supposed to happen yesterday but never showed up  :glare:

•menu plan and shopping list

•check wrapping supplies

•a little office work

•go to bank

•get groceries

•pick up Japanese takeout for dinner

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Good morning! Dh took dd2 to practice and then to school for her last two finals. She has a huge HS meet tomorrow and ds3 has a tennis tournament. No idea what is on the schedule for the other boys. I have lots of random little things to do today.

To do:

General pick up

Laundry

Bills

Pick dd2

Read/ relax a little (the house is feeling crowded)

Ds3 to tennis

Dd2 to HS practice

Figure out dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Ds was fever-free yesterday and is almost his normal self. Dd had breakfast. Haven't taken her temp yet.

Lights on the tree. ✅

Laundry ✅

Tidy up ✅

Vacuum ✅

Get cash

Feed neighbor's cats

Switch fridges?

Dinner - ??

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

I need to do all the things and I totally don't feel like it.

Let's see.

Run and empty dishwasher

School

Lunch

Start potatoes in cp at lunch time.

A load of laundry - in dryer

Make a decision about tomorrow - will bake in the morning.

Finish items to mail

Veggie order

Errands: store, post office, library

Start cauliflower

Buy something, anything, for that one last family member.

Buy item for DS after consulting with DH about format.

Talk calendar with DH so I can answer E.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 6

Well today started of stressful enough.

• Woke stressed about today's work stuff, but couldn't pull myself out of bed early.
  • Kids waited until this morning to decide they didn't have the clothes they wanted to wear.  Figured that out.
  • Kid had to fix some homework before school.
  • Printed off some memory work the kids forgot they had due today.
  • Kids finally off to the school bus.
  • Client asked for a conf call at 8am, rescheduled it to 7:50 which is when my kids' bus picks them up.  Started the day on a conf call I was totally unprepared for.  Followed by another conf call at 8:30 which lasted 1.5 hours.  Another coming up at 11:30.
  • While on one of the conf calls trying hard to listen, received a delivery of a big Christmas item.
  • Been checking social media and doing filing in between conf calls.
  • Will come back, time to dial in ...
  • Like 6

Continuation:

Note:  since we're traveling over Christmas, we're doing "our Christmas" tomorrow morning, so tonight is "Christmas Eve."

• Survived 3rd conference call.  Promised my entire weekend to these people basically.
  • Ate a bit of lunch & washed the dishes from the past 24 hours.
  • Sent some emails and generally trying to get back into my regular work - much is due today.
  • Need to dry the clothes that are in the washer, maybe other laundry too.
  • 1 kid plans to ride her horse this afternoon. 
  • Need to check and make sure kids brought home the right books and gym stuff since this is our last weekend before our trip.  If they messed up, drive back to the school to get what is missing.
  • Get some photo that will pass as a Christmas pic?
  • Dinner out.
  • Maybe watch some old shows.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Wrap gifts and all that stuff.
  • If I have any energy left, assemble my extended family's gifts and Christmas cards.
  • Sleep?
  • What am I forgetting?

• Like 6

Fed pigs with wings.

Fed pigs with fluffy bushy tails.

took care of Chewy boxes much to the cat's disgust

kitchen - rebooted dishwasher

laundry - folded and put away two loads of clean laundry.  (And reorganized dh's undershirts that he folded and put away all wrong.  Which sounds petty of me but I have it so that I know which shirts go where at a glance (by collar type) and when he messes it up it makes it hard for me to do things efficiently.) 

paperwork / school - went through all the books and papers on the dining room table and sorted them in some sort of order.  I need to now ruin dd's day by telling her which assignments she's missing before we are totally on break.  (We have already taken a couple of days off.)

• Like 5

Did some returns and mall errands today. Turns out you can sit on a knee walker and it's way easier.

Deleting files. Not quite an "operation clean sweep," but come December 31, bye! I'm waiting for grades and to make sure I don't end up needing anything in the next few weeks, I'll also empty my email trash then too. Ended up basically just deleting almost all my pictures, even of my nieces-- my sister has them backed up in 32490 places, and I did keep some. I enjoy decluttering but I want to work on not needing to do it. I might do a visual wardrobe, too, so I know what I have in my closet and then I can "shop" it.

We have snow again.

• Like 3

It snowed here, too.

I got five cookbooks at our local bookstore's going out of business sale (sad  :( ) and they've been sitting on my bookshelf for weeks. Well, today I actually got them out, marked a bunch of recipes with post-its, and made a menu plan. I don't know why I always put this off and think it's going to be such a daunting task because it only took me a short while.

Went to town, ran errands, and got two carts full of groceries (I always spend at least $100 more when my kids are with me and throwing things in the cart. :001_rolleyes: )

Had Japanese for dinner. 

Put the groceries away, fed dogs and cats, started another load of laundry, and did horse chores. Now I'm ready to collapse on the couch. 

• Like 2