Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Ugh, Scout!  I'm so sorry.   :grouphug:

-coffee

-furiously straigten up for cleaning people

-get DS16 out the door to school without killing him

-co-op (last week before the break)

-errands during co-op (Bed Bath and Beyond for sheets for DS13 who just informed me his old ones are a ripped mess, Publix)

-DS16 baseball game after school

-make a batch of Whole30 potato salad

-eyelash appointment at 5

-dinner (egg roll in a bowl) - NOPE, went out

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 3

At the ER now.

He has the flu.

I'm sorry, Scout. I was wondering if it was the flu because your description of his symptoms reminded me of when we were all sick with the flu last spring. Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon (and poor Mom, too!). :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  

• Like 4

Good morning!

Our stray cat is back. We hadn't seen him for about a week, so I thought he had moved on to one of the farms a few miles down the road. But last night, there he was waiting for us, meowing hungrily. I got him some food and left the door of one of the hay sheds propped open for him. This morning, he was sitting next to the empty bowl looking at me expectantly.  :) He still won't let us get close enough to pet him, though.

•school

•office work (try to get as much wrapped up for the month as possible)

•vacuum and mop kitchen,mudroom, entryway, sunroom, and main floor bath

•start wrapping presents - so I'm not stuck doing it on Christmas Eve like last year

•menu plan, including Christmas food

•dd and ds17 Model UN meeting this afternoon

•dd violin lesson

•dinner: Cajun shrimp and corn chowder (Plated meal)

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 3

Good morning! I picked dd2 up from practice with breakfast. Her finals schedule starts today, and she "feels like she was hit by a truck." So I hope things go well. I have a few things that must be done, and a few that should be done, and a few I hope will get done. And ds1 comes home tonight!!

To do:

school with boys

list for ds2

call RE director

grocery store

pick up dd2

chore list

daily chores

more laundry

dd2 swim practice

ds2 aikido

stop by dmil's to do a few chores

pick up and head home

ds3 in charge of dinner tonight

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Wednesday, my favorite! 

• I got the kids up & out a little early. 
  • Then I took out the garbage, which included at least 100 empty boxes. 
  • Cleaned out my car, mostly.
  • Found my snow scraper and put it in the car.
  • Did a bit of cleaning in the house.
  • Some Christmas gift organizing and planning.
  • Caught up on social media.
  • Made a tire appointment.  For Sunday, and they say I will have to leave the car for an unknown length of time.  Annoyed that I will have to keep filling that tire every couple days and it's freezing out.  The "free air" dispensers are always so slow.
  • Had a conference call and got a few other things done.

To do:

• Lots more work.
  • Kids - not really sure if they are coming home or staying for after-school stuff - I do know they have homework to do.
  • Kids' band concert is at 7pm.
  • I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I'm so tempted to do some more organizing ... but I have so much work and it's getting dangerous ....

• Like 4

Good afternoon

- coffee!!!!

- get dd2 up and dressed- done

- take dd2 to school- done

- turn in field trip permission slips and money- done

- dishes- load in dishwasher and handwashed done

- clean kitchen- done

- clean living room- done even vacuumed

- work on planner for 2018- have weekly and monthly pages printed, cut, hole punch and put into binder and birthdays and some important dates written on monthly pages

- organize school stuff and get desks cleaned off (waiting for dh’s truck to be fixed so we can take big desk to aunt’s house and get a smaller desk that was my grandma’s)- organized a few things, packed up box of books for Amazon trade in

- get girls off bus- done

- help dd1 with any homework- doesn’t have any

- figure out where to put Christmas tree and maybe get Christmas stuff out of the shed

- get ready for girls’ advent concert- postponed due to weather

- advent concert- postponed due to weather

- dinner- chili in crockpot- ate

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 4

Human care done "good enough" for staying home and working hard.

Pet care done

Medical care done. 

Called re. thyroid med.  The doctor knows about the problem but hasn't actually done what he needs to do to fix it.  I was told what to do to nudge him on my side by the front office staff.  They are nudging him from their side.  (He's a great doctor but not so good at the paperwork side of things.)

We cleaned out the shed.  I have a carload of stuff to take to Goodwill.  And stuff to take to the dump.  And we made some room to move some of the excess furniture that we still want to hold onto from the Schoolroom of Doom to the shed.  I was thinking about how stress free and fun it was to do this with my kids and without my dh.  I love my dh very much but he is not fun to work with on these sorts of projects.  The kids and I exchanged funny stories and memories about some of the junk.  Decisions to toss or keep were made by consulting each other.  Dh is more efficient but no one wants to do it with him.

• Like 5

After getting home from the ER:

took dd to ortho appt.

got milk

gasoline gor my van

bank

got a Tracfone for my mom and activated it. (She lost her iphone)

called ped's office to notify them of the doc who never called me

CVS for Rx( for me and for ds)

snack and took Rx cough med.

Dh is working at home.

kids are asleep and maybe I will be soon too

• Like 4

I am so ready to be done with all my work and just lounge around and goof off for the rest of the month. 

Paid some bills, got some bills ready to mail, prepared bank deposits, renewed a vehicle registration online, filed and shredded.

I've been swamped with laundry lately because it's so cold and everyone is layered up. My washer has started making a screechy sound sometimes, so I'm going to have to look up what to do about that. 

Didn't get the floors mopped again today, oh well.

I dragged the hose out to the pump so I could refill the stock tank. Wrestling with a hose is not my favorite thing to do, especially when it's freezing cold. Dh took pity on me and said he would roll it back up and bring it inside.  :)

Kids are at Model UN now. I'm going to work on my menu plan and shopping list and get dinner started.

• Like 4

Scout, here's hoping your ds gets better soon and no one else gets the crud.

Today was my last day of work, I got a cupcake. 

I was looking at my timelines today... the current one has me applying to med school in summer 2019. Which means I'd need to take the MCAT in Sept 2018 or Jan 2019. I... may need to revisit that scheduling... which I suppose will be tonight's plan. I'm not in a rush, and there are things that I don't want to give up, plus time/funding concerns, but I need to make sure that I have a plan, and that I'm on it. Maybe I'll win the lotto, and then I can just take classes, lol.

Hope everyone has had a relatively good day.

• Like 5