Menu

Online Homeschool Chess Club

SoCal_Bear

For those who might be interested, this is the link to the online Homeschool Chess Club. There's early bird registration with is $20 cheaper right now. Additional siblings are $14.50.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=qbuzdm9ab&oeidk=a07eetgxykh7bd06ad7

A few things to note:

1) You must have a Facebook account or you will not be able to view the classes. 

2) You don't have to attend the classes live, they will be archived under the videos section.

3) The club's play occurs on chess.com. It's a private group on the site. I only allow my son to play with other students on there. The user names for the club kids is obvious since he asks everyone to set up their username as HSCCfirstlast. 

4) The tournaments are not mandatory. There is a small entry fee as trophies are awarded to the top 10% finishers. Those are Wed and Sat...All listed times are MST.

5) Coach Phil loves jazz, so expect jazz at the beginning of every lesson. He also likes to use sound effects like audience laughter, applause. It would annoy me to no end, but my son thinks it is super funny.

Edited by calbear
  • Like 4