Menu

Pre-algebra online or finish Math Mammoth

mamamoose

I am not familiar with RS Geometry.

If dd is doing well with MM, and it is working well, I would continue with it. If there are any Prealgebra topics that MM doesn't cover, I would get a cheap textbook (like a used Lial's or Dolciani's) to supplement MM.

If you choose to use an online option, both Derek Owens and TabletClass have got good reviews here. You can preview both on Youtube. I prefer DO's voice over the teacher from TC but TC is more affordable esp. on sale.

Well, I transitioned dd to an online PreA class this year to get her used to the format and the deadlines before she hits Alg 1. She is using the Dolciani PreA book. She is doing very well. RS A-E and MM 5-6 gave her a solid foundation. I don't regret the choice because my dd is not naturally an organized person and the learning curve for an online class has been significant for her.

That said, I could have done MM7 and she would have been ready for Algebra 1. It would have been less expensive! With RS geometry done too, your dd sounds good to go for whatever PreA fits your budget and your schedule.

Edited by ScoutTN

It’s just very time consuming and I have 2 other kiddos and one with several issues so I was contemplating finding a way to reduce my commitment. She really like math mammoth and I assume the Grade 7 will cover all the pre-A she needs? She is already taking Latin online and doing good with the intensity, so it’s more to do with my time and trying to shift my priority.