Menu

What brand for good quality, premium make-up brushes for DD

sheryl

I like MAC, because no MAC brush I own has ever shed or given me fits. Sephora also excellent brushes. It depends on what she uses the brushes for and if you want to make the investment. Good brushes should last decades, not years. 

Foundation: Does she prefer to stipple on foundation or brush on

Blush: I like a narrower brush than most because I have a small face.

Eyeshadow: Two or three different brushes would be good for eyeshadow, but absolutely critical is a blending brush.

• Like 2

I bought Bobbi Brown and MAC and both types have lasted for years. However, I later found I could also apply concealer with my fingertip and foundation with a basic makeup sponge and it looked just as good for daily use.

Other good (and more affordable) brush brands are Sephora and Sigma.

Edited by nansk
  • Like 1

THANKS!  Will check out.  :)   She'll be excited.  And, she really wants a blush brush.  I personally don't think it's necessary to buy a brush for "every" facet of make-up application.  But, a good brush for blush, maybe eye shadow, contouring, etc.   Foundation - it's going to depend on what type she'll use.  OK, off to check these out!

I just did a lot of research on this last year and the Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target were highly rated even over some others fancier brands. I purchased the kind linked below and they are so wonderful. I haven't had any shedding and they work beautifully. I purchased a foundation brush, a big blush/powder brush, and an shadow brush. They work wonderfully.

https://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-174-kashuk-tools-dense-blush-powder-brush-no-24/-/A-14024596#lnk=sametab

I think Sephora might have a Rose Gold set of their own brand if you really want Rose Gold.

• Like 1