Menu

Best Panettone brand?

mmasc

I don’t know much about these, except that we tried one a couple of years ago that was very good, and one that was noticeably not as good. I see them everywhere, all different brands...they’re at Home Goods, Cost Plus World Market, grocery stores... and the list goes on.

So, what’s your favorite?

This may be totally unhelpful, or it may be exactly what you need. IF I were looking for panettone, I would bake it myself with this recipe.  I am very much NOT a baker, but after making her internet famous no-knead bread recipe (here!), I bought her cookbook last month and have made several of the breads--all of which are no-knead and have simple directions. I'm still not a baker, but I can follow her easy recipes.

So it may be worth considering, or it may be helpful for someone else who sees "panettone" in the thread title.

• Like 1

OK a couple of you have mentioned the red box. I did a google search on panettone images, and there multiple brands in red boxes.

Is "red box" panettone code for something?

Lol...I was thinking the same thing! A red box seems common. :)

• Like 1