Menu

Where do you set your thermostat?

shinyhappypeople

Central Florida here, so our version of "cold" would be laughable to many of you. Keep in mind, though, that we often don't even own appropriate clothing for keeping warm, since we need such items for only a few weeks and not even that some years.

We had a "cold front" blow in this weekend. Our high today is anticipated to be in the high 50s, with lows in the high 30s/low 40s for the next couple of days.

We did turn on the heater last night, setting it at 67. It likely won't get changed during the day, unless my husband caves while I'm at work and kicks it up a couple of degrees.

We did have a couple of years when it was unusually cold here for several weeks. That gave me time to get intentional about changing settings for day and night. I generally kept it at 67 or 68 during the day, 62 at night.

During the warmer months, I try to hold the A/C at 78 or 79, but I often find the thermostat setting has magically dropped to 74 or 75 when my husband is home.

Edited by Jenny in Florida