Menu

A WTM Blast From The Past

Jenn in FL

It is cold (for FL anyway) and rainy here today with the temperature projected to head steadily downhill.  I woke up this morning and mindlessly reached in my closet for a random hoodie on a hanger.  Just your basic over the head gray hoodie...and this is the one I ended up with... it made my day and made me smile.

Read.

Think.

Learn.

That's all.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 10

So, to clarify, there are words on your hoodie that say: "Read. Think. Learn." Correct?

Yes, that is correct...with one word per "line."

Many years ago, a previous (and formerly) prolific poster created that phrase as a sort of life mantra and used it as a motivator on these boards.  For a brief period of time, she sold items on Cafe Press bearing that phrase.  

Nice memories... :thumbup1:

Edited by Jenn in FL
  • Like 3

Many years ago, a previous (and formerly) prolific poster created that phrase as a sort of life mantra and used it as a motivator on these boards.  For a brief period of time, she sold items on Cafe Press bearing that phrase. 

Was this MMV?  (I think I have those initials correct.)  If so, she posts from time to time on the Book a Week thread under a different posting name.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 6

Was this MMV?  (I think I have those initials correct.)  If so, she posts from time to time on the Book a Week thread under a different posting name.

Regards,

Kareni

Indeed it was and I do catch her BAW posts, I'm just not active in that group, (I have nothing profound enough to share...lol) although I follow it regularly.   :thumbup1:

It genuinely made me smile when I saw Read.Think.Learn. popping off the hanger this morning... :001_rolleyes:

• Like 3

Hi Jenn, nice to 'see' you! 

Catch up with Melissa (Mental Multivitamin) on her renamed blog - Nerdishly 

I've been following her for years.  She is an inspiration and helped read me read widely outside my comfort zones 

Oh Robin, thank you for the kind 'shout out' from you, especially!  : )

Re: Nerdishly.  "Ayup."  Lol...BTDT and a I've been a follower of hers for a long long time now... Years ago, way before she became a WTM legend, she kindly assisted me in navigating Chicago neighborhoods.  We did not relocate, but I have never forgotten her time nor her kindness.  #respect

Totally unbeknownst to her, her private personal tragedy of a few years ago, served as the catalyst for my dh, (who watched as I cried for days) to spend an entire morning warning, "his military troops" (and at that time, he had A LOT of troops) about vehicular safety.  An untold number of lives were at least warned...

Thanks for 'remembering' me! #hugerespect for you and your BAW thread!

You too, are a WTM gem! Thank you!

• Like 4

Aw, thank you doll!  Susan created something wonderful here with the forums, full of gems, each unique and full of life.    Isn't it amazing how lives intersect and the ripple affect it causes.  We share in each other's happiness, sadness and losses. What we take, what we give, what we learn from each other.   We never realize how it may help or change someone else down the road.  From Melissa's Read, Think, Learn to my own personal favorite -  Live, Love, Laugh.   

:grouphug: